Well I have ideas for two serious martial champions from the FKs.

First is Naihab. At the time of the Day of Revelation he is Paragon of the Legion( champion). He is Obsailan ( primarch's homeworld) and the first from that world to join the primarch's bodyguard.

He's a brute, wears terminator armor and swings a big giant sword.

Next is Djozer. Djozer is a more complex character. At the time of DoR he is equery to Niklaas. He is Terran, from the region we call Egypt. He was part of the first full muster brought into the legion after it passed proto stage. Rumor is that those first members of the tenth spent time under direct command of both the Emperor and Icarion before their primarch was found. It is believed that Djozer shared a close brotherhood with some warriors of the First Legion. He is taken as equery by Niklaas because after being wounded he never fully recovers. Thing is, the apothecaries don't know why, his body is healed, fully mended but he still has a pronounced limp. Will the betrayal be enough to snap him out of it and return him to his unstoppable woo tang sword skills? Maybe.

hm....

Don't know why but I had this idea when I read your posts:

a Lucius like character

Born on Terra, he joined the Great Crusade early on. Utterly loyal to the Emperors visions of a unifite realm for mankind and the following ascendence to become the ruling race in the entire universe.

He fought in countless battles as a member of the . . . Legion, he quickly adapted to the changes when his Primarch was found. ALthough being a quite and calm person, he was quickly well known for his tremendous skills with all kind of close combat weapons be it sword, axe or even his bare hands.

Centuries later, he joined the Jade General and his allies, who were still loyal to the Emperors vision. As he had an abnormal ability of self heal he was selected to be the very first experiment of the Jade General, etc. to enhance him and to make him even more powerful than a primarch: the absolute epitome of mankinds evolution. What they haven't thought of, was even when his body was healing dramatically fast, his spirit was torn apart. Unable to endure the pain and agony, he fell into a coma. There, between the mortal realm and the terrible realm of chaos, he was visited by all four gods as his soul shined brightly amidst their darkness.

They tried to corrupt him but none was successfull. His utter loyalty was too strong. Fearing that he might get in their way, they tried to kill him or at least to change his fate. Tzeentch had seen all of his  potential destinies and used his magic to steer it towards a special one.

Nurgle blessed him with immunity to all deseases but he would be conferrable, dooming him to be forever alone as long as he does not want to infect someone.

Khorne cursed his armor to be more heavier but more resistable. He would take forever more hits than others. And when he would get hit, his rage would consume him.

Slaneesh tried everything to manipulate him but nothing worked. Therefore he cursed his blade to feast forever for souls, guilty or innocent alike.

From now on, he would need to feed his cursed blade the souls of his enemies, which would in return forever haunt him.

When the Jade General was done, a cursed, evil and twisted thing stood before him. Although still loyal to his Lords and nearly immortal because of his heal skills, he was casted away to never return. He should hunt xenos alone for all eternity.

Since then, the no known Cursed One wanders from battlefield to battlefield, still trying to get rid of his courses and to redeem himself. Loyal as he is, he fights against all enemies of mankind, protecting the innocent as best as he is able to.

Maybe not exactly what you had in mind. But that just poped up. :smile.:

Edited by Kelborn

hm....

Don't know why but I had this idea when I read your posts:

a Lucius like character

Born on Terra, he joined the Great Crusade early on. Utterly loyal to the Emperors visions of a unifite realm for mankind and the following ascendence to become the ruling race in the entire universe.

He fought in countless battles as a member of the . . . Legion, he quickly adapted to the changes when his Primarch was found. ALthough being a quite and calm person, he was quickly well known for his tremendous skills with all kind of close combat weapons be it sword, axe or even his bare hands.

Centuries later, he joined the Jade General and his allies, who were still loyal to the Emperors vision. As he had an abnormal ability of self heal he was selected to be the very first experiment of the Jade General, etc. to enhance him and to make him even more powerful than a primarch: the absolute epitome of mankinds evolution. What they haven't thought of, was even when his body was healing dramatically fast, his spirit was torn apart. Unable to endure the pain and agony, he fell into a coma. There, between the mortal realm and the terrible realm of chaos, he was visited by all four gods as his soul shined brightly amidst their darkness.

They tried to corrupt him but none was successfull. His utter loyalty was too strong. Fearing that he might get in their way, they tried to kill him or at least to change his fate. Tzeentch had seen all of his  potential destinies and used his magic to steer it towards a special one.

Nurgle blessed him with immunity to all deseases but he would be conferrable, dooming him to be forever alone as long as he does not want to infect someone.

Khorne cursed his armor to be more heavier but more resistable. He would take forever more hits than others. And when he would get hit, his rage would consume him.

Slaneesh tried everything to manipulate him but nothing worked. Therefore he cursed his blade to feast forever for souls, guilty or innocent alike.

From now on, he would need to feed his cursed blade the souls of his enemies, which would in return forever haunt him.

When the Jade General was done, a cursed, evil and twisted thing stood before him. Although still loyal to his Lords and nearly immortal because of his heal skills, he was casted away to never return. He should hunt xenos alone for all eternity.

Since then, the no known Cursed One wanders from battlefield to battlefield, still trying to get rid of his courses and to redeem himself. Loyal as he is, he fights against all enemies of mankind, protecting the innocent as best as he is able to.

Maybe not exactly what you had in mind. But that just poped up. :)

That could be a fine character

I was wondering about who our candidates for Champion of ___ are. I'm thinking Slynnat for Khorne, possibly with a daemonic exorcism along the way.

Question is, can I justify having a character tear the daemon out of him and not just kill him?

Realised something while musing on what I had written (and getting rained on): how does one acquire the knowledge to make a Primarch? But then it struck me: the Reformists score the second major kill of the Insurrection, murdering K'awil Pakal when they break away from the Stormlord. Unlike other similar events, here they have very good reasons to try and retrieve the corpse. Kozja wants a trophy; the General gets the opportunity to dissect a primarch. Now, I don't want to say there are bits of K'awil in the Paragon, but certainly some parts of his design have been reverse-engineered.

Kelborn, as great as that character would be (I really love the idea of an anti-champion of Chaos), I think that's mutually exclusive with what I've just written.

I was wondering about who our candidates for Champion of ___ are. I'm thinking Slynnat for Khorne, possibly with a daemonic exorcism along the way.

Question is, can I justify having a character tear the daemon out of him and not just kill him?

It doesn't necessarily have to be that the opponent chooses to spare him, they could be distracted or killed before they deliver the finishing blow. Maybe Slynnat, reeling from having an angry daemon torn off of his soul, knocks the exorcist away as they finish and flees for his life. Hell, maybe the effort of exorcising the daemon is too much to bear and kills the exorcist in the process, or the daemon itself kills them in a last act of spite.

I wasn't sure if the Champion discussion was still open but I'd to offer one myself Lord Chief R.Damon Redd; yes my namesake, he's already on Terra, he's already an absolute beast rules wise. And wants vengeance. His father is dead, he wants to show that Astartes so be wary of him. And he's been fighting by Daer'dd's side since they set upon taking Huron. And I've had dreams of him pulling some Sigismund noise on Terra anyway.

First is Naihab. At the time of the Day of Revelation he is Paragon of the Legion( champion). He is Obsailan ( primarch's homeworld) and the first from that world to join the primarch's bodyguard.

Out of the two, this is a closer pick. I'm trying to remember Sigismund's rules and fluff. Isn't he also a Grade A Tactician? 

EDIT: I'm starting to think Slip's idea was a pretty good one. Each candidate legion offering a potential choice with a write-up.

Under that guideline, we have:

Tyr - Lions

Naihab - Keepers

Redd - Bears

Edited by simison

For the eagle warriors:

Takar would be their candidate

Still insisting that it be a Loyalist candidate because many Traitors and Primarchs will automatically get Daemon upgrades as the Insurrection progresses. 

Hah!!! Even I know, that Takar is a loyalist Eagle Warrior ;)

Well, as Arngrim is dead and I have no rulea for Guaire (How woyld anybody represent his big sword^^)

I sent the Scorpion into the ring. What speaks for him? His skill, he is the master of the luth and c'mon nobody kills with more style, I mean Scorpion need I say more?

( just imagine how he throws his spear and pulls an enemy to him and cuts him into pieces in mid air or he is pulled to his adversary and decapitates him in full speed)

Okay: He never forgives himself, that he let Arngrim fight alone against Travier. It wouldn't have changed anything, but maybe Arngrim was still alive and he dead. He thinks that there places should have been switched. And he is the one who gathers the first half of the Wardens of Light to enter the battle at Terra. He splits the wardens, although he is not terranborn, he wants to protect it. Only thing which speaks against is that he waited.so long, but to act against your own legion was never an easy task. And if i get time I write more on him.

That is the short version:

Scorpion -> Scorpions Spear-> Staff with a flamberge on each end-> and: GET OVER HERE!!!!

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Hmm, so Jade & Kozja go Frankenstein their own Primarch? Huh, looks like Jade's constant note-taking finally paid off, perhaps Jade could steal some of that tech/research Emps gives Corax in the canonverse for the project?

Still, I feel this Paragon needs some kind of significant drawback to keep them from being as effective as a true Primarch or the Reformists from mass-producing them. Maybe Fabius Bile him a bit and have his physiology be ultimately unstable, requiring regular gene-therapy from Jade to prevent his body breaking down.

So, I don't really know about the Exemplar (Sigismund-like character).

I'm not entirely partial to the idea of having a Primarch XXI, or even a person that comes near to their power-level that is not created by the Emperor. However, I do think that the Reformists also need a character that is a step above normal marines. Perhaps something like SanguiniusReborn is suggesting could be possible, but his biology really is too unstable to survive, so there are in fact several successive Paragons, each one better than the last, but losing much in terms of experience/memories each time the last one is replaced. This institution could continue even after the Primarchs are lost, though of course flaws in the design will accumulate much faster...

Hmm, so Jade & Kozja go Frankenstein their own Primarch? Huh, looks like Jade's constant note-taking finally paid off, perhaps Jade could steal some of that tech/research Emps gives Corax in the canonverse for the project?

Still, I feel this Paragon needs some kind of significant drawback to keep them from being as effective as a true Primarch or the Reformists from mass-producing them. Maybe Fabius Bile him a bit and have his physiology be ultimately unstable, requiring regular gene-therapy from Jade to prevent his body breaking down.

So, I don't really know about the Exemplar (Sigismund-like character).

I'm not entirely partial to the idea of having a Primarch XXI, or even a person that comes near to their power-level that is not created by the Emperor. However, I do think that the Reformists also need a character that is a step above normal marines. Perhaps something like SanguiniusReborn is suggesting could be possible, but his biology really is too unstable to survive, so there are in fact several successive Paragons, each one better than the last, but losing much in terms of experience/memories each time the last one is replaced. This institution could continue even after the Primarchs are lost, though of course flaws in the design will accumulate much faster...

I'm going to mention this briefly to adequately answer the new Primarch idea. I think it's very interesting, but I want to save it as a potential disaster post-Insurrection.

I've mentioned this to Grifft, but if we finish the Insurrection, I don't want to jump to 40k, the reverse of what GW did. I want to feature 4 major eras/wars that shift the galactic balance. None of them will be as grand as the Insurrection or as the End Times, but I want something big to happen. 

I think the Suzerainty's attempts at creating a new Primarch is an excellent candidate for one of these galaxy-shaking events. That's why I want to save it for later. I think it's unrealistic for it to happen during the Insurrection because the Reformists will be too busy holding off the Traitor forces. 

Incoming:

Rise of the Frankenstein-Primarch and his children; M33

The Eldar Arises; M36

How I met your Necron; M40

'Nids for dinner; M41 (btw. do we discover Pharos and its device in our 'verse? If not, than there will be no 'Nids)

Plan B:

How to destroy a galaxy in 13 crusades?; M32-41

Edited by Kelborn

Wow, could be our version of the Clone Wars^^ Only that we have clones not clowns^^

50K: The end of all things

100k: Return of the Primarchs

100k Year One: They returned to this

http://40.media.tumblr.com/16893a2969b4203cef87c099b3ffec82/tumblr_o4r4awUJKc1tjdoiao1_1280.jpg

100K Year One, Day 2: Primarchs went nuts, commiting suicide

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Remember, the Architects don't have daemons in them - it's more using their blood like a super-steroid. Think Bane using his Venom solution and you're on track.

Out of the two, this is a closer pick. I'm trying to remember Sigismund's rules and fluff. Isn't he also a Grade A Tactician? 

EDIT: I'm starting to think Slip's idea was a pretty good one. Each candidate legion offering a potential choice with a write-up.

Under that guideline, we have:

Tyr - Lions

Naihab - Keepers

Redd - Bears

Sigismunds rules are all focused on fighting challenges and killing other characters.

Sigismund is pretty one dimensional: He gets the Charge off, Challenges and MURDERS who ever accepts unless they have Eternal Warrior. And even then might still MURDER them.

Edited by Slipstreams

Yeah but that's exactly his character in the books so far. Part of the reason I wanted to do something similar with Redd is because Daer'dd is such father figure to him, he'd see the traitor champions call them out and smote them trying to get even a smidgen of justice for Daer'dd.

*reads over Sigismund's rules* Hm, indeed. I thought there was a balance between warrior and leader, but nope. He just murders things for a living. In that case, Nahib is a good candidate. 

So, three candidates so far. Any from the Scions or the Void Eagles? Or should we start the voting process? 

Captain Antonidas from my boys would be a Candidate since he's First Captain and Former Legion Master or, if BluntBlade Develops the Character More, Odyssals could be a potential.

Odyssalas is shaping up to be a Knight Errant equivalent or Nightwatch man rather than a Legion champion. Antonidas is the man who gets the crippled Pionus to safety, etc. so it makes much more sense for him to be his Legion's champion. Whereas Odyssalas has his men annihilated and spends a lot time cut off from his Legion.

Just realised when I said Champion, I meant Chosen of ____

Edited by bluntblade