Thirty years though does give us quite a bit of time for rebuilding even for the Bears that's two generations of new Astartes not counting those whom were already being trained on Huron at the time of the Ambush; and for a normal another legion that might 5-6 generations. Like my 55k number is after the War of the Forge which is well before the Seige of Terra. But by then the Bears might be closer to 80k or more, because while the 2nd Wartribe fights in the Shadow crusade we only participate in a few small actions till Terra where the 4th is stationed.

Thirty years though does give us quite a bit of time for rebuilding even for the Bears that's two generations of new Astartes not counting those whom were already being trained on Huron at the time of the Ambush; and for a normal another legion that might 5-6 generations. Like my 55k number is after the War of the Forge which is well before the Seige of Terra. But by then the Bears might be closer to 80k or more, because while the 2nd Wartribe fights in the Shadow crusade we only participate in a few small actions till Terra where the 4th is stationed.

My understanding was that there wasn't "constant warfare" for most of the Insurrection after the Day of Revelation up until the final campaign and siege.

So we have a Cold War? For how long? 30 years?

Oh man... 30y of preperation into total war. Quite a mess.

Wouldn't they ran out of ressources? Can imagine some skirmishes about ressourcefull systems during this time. Even a battle for a planet and its ressources they'll destroy because of waging war on it for quite a time. Irony... Loving it.

Well if I remember Icarion is trying to push into parts of the galaxy and there would be fighting on this front for sure. And I'm sure there are some much bigger battles through out. I'm just not sure when or what they are yet.

This is more accurate. It's not a Cold War, but a series of skirmishes and major battles taking place with recurring 'downtimes' where Icarion is trying to peacefully persuade more planets to join his side, and the Loyalists are trying to build up new defensive lines. Think of it as a death by a thousand cuts style war, until Icarion throws caution to the wind. 

Alright, no one has changed their votes. So, I proclaim Redd as BotL's Sigismund. Lore-wise, he'll be known as the greatest Space Marine to which other champions are measured by. Rule-wise, he's allowed to hit the 230ish zone to represent his skill at arms.

Just in time for me to review him.

Uhm? Now do we have to change our chars who were already finalized? Cuz Arngrim was 280 points who was only a combat beatstick. And if there was a winner of our tournament I always envisioned Arngrim (A Warden unlike the others, raw and bloodthirsty. Who needs Honor? Vae Victus, winning is everything.) You gain the title Legend not for selling cookies^^ Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Uhm? Now do we have to change our chars who were already finalized? Cuz Arngrim was 280 points who was only a combat beatstick. And if there was a winner of our tournament I always envisioned Arngrim (A Warden unlike the others, raw and bloodthirsty. Who needs Honor? Vae Victus, winning is everything.) You gain the title Legend not for selling cookies^^

I answer this question with a question of my own: how many canon characters were above 200 points and how many BotL characters are above 200 points? Primarchs excluded.

Edited by simison

Wouldn't they ran out of ressources? Can imagine some skirmishes about ressourcefull systems during this time. Even a battle for a planet and its ressources they'll destroy because of waging war on it for quite a time. Irony... Loving it.

The Battle of the Forge is exactly that.

Betrayal - Abaddon (215 pts)

Massacre - Rhy'tan (215 pts)

- Autek (225 pts)

Extermination - Sigismund (230 pts)

Hm, better question, why are there any Space Marine heroes above 250 points?

Uhm? Now do we have to change our chars who were already finalized? Cuz Arngrim was 280 points who was only a combat beatstick. And if there was a winner of our tournament I always envisioned Arngrim (A Warden unlike the others, raw and bloodthirsty. Who needs Honor? Vae Victus, winning is everything.) You gain the title Legend not for selling cookies^^

I answer this question with a question of my own: how many canon characters were above 200 points and how many BotL characters are above 200 points? Primarchs excluded.

10 at 200+ points, though 3 are dreadnoughts :tongue.: (Abaddon, Rylanor, Eidolon [with Jump Pack], Typhon, Autek Mor, Cassian Dracos, Nomus Rhy'tan, Dynat, Sigismund, Telemachus)

Edit: Damn you ninja simison

Edited by Grifftofer

10 at 200+ points, though 3 are dreadnoughts :tongue.: (Abaddon, Rylanor, Eidolon [with Jump Pack], Typhon, Autek Mor, Cassian Dracos, Nomus Rhy'tan, Dynat, Sigismund, Telemachus)

Edit: Damn you ninja simison

NINJA! 

Anyway, I gave a pass to the dreadnoughts since they are vehicles instead of infantry. Eidolon with Jump Pack did sneak by me. It does sound like that some BotL characters are over-powered and need to be brought down a notch. I'll leave that to people to figure out, except for Chief Redd, since he's pretty close to being reviewed anyway. 

Edited by simison

Insurrection:

• Raiden (230)
  • Aandeg (275)
  • R.Damon Redd (270)
  • Ajaway (195-260)
  • Karl Volkov (220)
  • Hennasohn (???, but probably 200+ with all his rules)
  • Malevolent Corvo (245)
  • Inna Santor (200)
  • Antonidas (205)

Just thought I'd throw up the numbers that I have for the Insurrection Legions as they stand currently. We currently have 12 non-Primarch characters and the above list contains 9 of them. Maybe we have gone a little overboard :P

Alright, no one has changed their votes. So, I proclaim Redd as BotL's Sigismund. Lore-wise, he'll be known as the greatest Space Marine to which other champions are measured by. Rule-wise, he's allowed to hit the 230ish zone to represent his skill at arms.

Well pooh.

As Redd sits right now he's 270, but he is absolutely murderous and REALLY tough. In CC he throws down, on the charge he gets 6 strength 9 AP hits that rend on a 4+ with Armourbane but at Int 1 he's got a 2+/3++ with 4 wounds at toughness 5. But he can't make sweeping advances or overwatch. Then he drops down to 5 str 8 attacks. Edited by Chief Captain Redd

Well pooh.
. We'll keep an eye out for other chances for the Keepers to shine.

I went through all threads except for athrawes gigantic lightning bearers thread and our primarch rules thread and we have 18 characters over 200. 2 are mechanicum, 1 is a female human....(!) A lot at 195.

Fun thing is: most of the legiones didn't built any chars beside the primarchs yet...

We went over board. ^^

P.S: Arngrim is a Killer too. He is very similar to Redd only thst Redd has more survivability if choomed.

Canon: I don't have the books so you habe to count.

But that we have so much chars over 200 is mo coincedence as we all created lost legiones with our heroes. We now habe the choice to keep them and blend the visions of our canonverse and botl togheter or we change them all. If so I will create new chars as I tend to confuse things. The age mates...the age

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Well pooh.
. We'll keep an eye out for other chances for the Keepers to shine.
Its not a problem really. I go back to work full time this week so ill have greatly reduced imagination time anyway. Edited by Demus Ragnok

Hard luck Demus, but think of it this way, we may have a Sigismund now, but we still need a Pollux. :)

For that kind of role a Void Eagle might seem more suitable. However, we could have a hero who leads an Imperial Counter attack or strike against Mars who is Fire Keepers

Hard luck Demus, but think of it this way, we may have a Sigismund now, but we still need a Pollux. :)

We kinda have one in fluff already. Ramius Osaun, a Void Eagle breacher vet-sarge. He'll get rules eventually, though I don't have nearly enough time for that these days.