Oh hey!

What about a Fabius like character? Don't we need that, too? Maybe a traitorous Scion? :tongue.::wink:

Just kiddin'.

But seriously:

I got a request / question for you. As I will write my contribution for the "write for BL" contest, I wanted to ask if I could sent it to some of you for proofreading and ideas of improvement? Would be great to have someone reading it before I'll sent it to them. Don't want to send them something full of mistakes, etc. ^^"

Sorry if I'm a bit selfish in the last couple of days. When this is done (and I'm finished with my chapter), I'll work on Knight Household Toho (still loving the idea :D) as my "comeback" to our project. ;)

Edited by Kelborn

Oh hey!

What about a Fabius like character? Don't we need that, too? Maybe a traitorous Scion? :tongue.::wink:

Just kiddin'.

But seriously:

I got a request / question for you. As I will write my contribution for the "write for BL" contest, I wanted to ask if I could sent it to some of you for proofreading and ideas of improvement? Would be great to have someone reading it before I'll sent it to them. Don't want to send them something full of mistakes, etc. ^^"

Sorry if I'm a bit selfish in the last couple of days. When this is done (and I'm finished with my chapter), I'll work on Knight Household Toho (still loving the idea :biggrin.:) as my "comeback" to our project. :wink:

Sure, so long as you proofread mine.

Turrus is all we need, I think. If we include Fabius let's just make it an aside about an Apothecary being barred from the order for overzealous behaviour.

Any chance we could have someone execute Eidolon for incompetence? :p

@simison: Sure! :)

@blunt: Well, I heard that Wraight wrote a pretty good Eidolon. Maybe we'll give him a second chance? ;) If not, he could have some problems reloading his bolter. While fixing it, the magazine explodes or the bullets are shot backwards...right in his face.

Wraight did? Which book? Every book I've read so far has presented Eidolon as useless in every situation that doesn't involve hand-to-hand.

Actually, I've got another idea. Just have him appear as a captain, his superiors having recognised that he was "merely a file officer, and would never amount to much."

Jep, he did.

Path of heaven

Check the thread in BL section. Everyone loves that book: Eidolon, Mortarion, couple of scenes between with both of them and Horus, White Scars (and again they are awesome!), the Khan fighting a daemon, several characters dying....gosh I WANT THAT BOOK! but I don't have a credit card or an apple device. :_/

Now I've to wait until Novembre or so when amazon got it.

Send me a PM. If you have something that can read MOBI files...well, lets leave it at that.

Ill get to it when Im at my PC

Lord Marshal Artorus Plantagus looked out from his position on a raised podium over the masses of Imperial soldiery arrayed below him. There were hundreds of regiments representing dozens of worlds and yet they were only a fraction of the military might he could muster as Lord High Marshal of the Segmentum Solar. There were Antasian Gangers, Yurallik Convicts, Albyonic Lancers, Byzant Janizzars, Arabyk Raiders, Halderoth Axe Fighters, the list went on and on. Beneath him they were arrayed in their ranks, each world’s regiments identifiable by their uniforms and proud banners, which hung limply in the dead air of the space vessel. He swept his eyes over them, his monocle feeding him information on each regiment’s numbers, ratio of armour to infantry or artillery to armour, their homeworld’s compliance date, their commanding officer, even their latest accuracy results from their latest training sessions.  Behind him, his own banner, a silver horses head on a dark green field, was held up by one of his gold armoured veletarii bodyguards. The rest of them held their axes in a position that was seemingly at ease and had their volkite calivers in a holster. However, Artur knew that this was just a pretence and they were perfectly capable of springing into action at any moment.

Standing as straight as he could, his ivory cloak hanging from his shoulders, Artur at last began to speak to the assembled troopers. “Brothers” he began “You have followed me to the very ends of the galaxy. Out here amongst the stars, we have conquered every foe that has dared to oppose us. You have followed me unto the ends of the earth and beyond, into the dark points of the galaxy never before touched by humanity. In this, none have ever stopped us. We are invincible, unstoppable!”. He paused as his men broke out into a cheer. Amongst them those who cheered the loudest were the men who bored the scars of years of fighting, bionic implants and still wore the older style of flak armour. These were the hardened veterans who had followed Artur all that way and had braved the darkness. Artur couldn’t have been more proud of them if he’d tried. “We have seen horrors other men couldn’t meet even in their most terrible nightmares and we have defeated them! Each of you has proved himself a hundred times over! If any man doubts your courage and fortitude, he is almost as foolish are you are brave!”. He paused again, letting them let off another enormous cheer. “Not once has any man here questioned the righteousness or justice of our cause, even as monstrosities spawned from the darkest depths of hell bore down upon him. However, we have yet to face the worst of the galaxy’s horrors. However, I must ask you to brave the horrors of war once more and in the worst battlefield of all.  While I wouldn’t order this of any of you, I must ask you none the less”. Once again, a massive cheer rippled through their ranks and this time Artorus was sure he felt the deck shake. However, he had no doubt their enthusiasm would diminish when they found out who they needed to fight.

“Icarion Anasem, the Stormborn, Lord of the First Legion has betrayed the Emperor”.

Edited by Sigismund229

I think the Suzerainty's attempts at creating a new Primarch is an excellent candidate for one of these galaxy-shaking events. That's why I want to save it for later. I think it's unrealistic for it to happen during the Insurrection because the Reformists will be too busy holding off the Traitor forces. 

Developed that train of thoughts a bit last night. In late M33, the sixth Paragon will unleash his hosts in a combination of events known as the War of the False Primarch. Went with a heavy inspiration from Jodorowsky's Metabaron comics, which also solves the "How does Kozja/Jade die": parricide. And by going this "several iteration" route, we might still have the First Paragon just be an unstable Valten-tier supermarine, with each successive version coming closer to perfection.

We still need to finish the Insurrection and Scouring though. Especially if we want to reach the End Times one day, which I really do.

Into Hell

Andras' breath was coming in small, short gasps. His legs and arms were shaking uncontrollably. The plane shook from the impact of an anti aircraft shell of some kind and he was thrown around the Rhinox Attack Aircraft's troop compartment very roughly. Looking over to where a breeze seemed to be entering the compartment from, Andras saw a huge the size of his fist in the fussilage and the piece of metal that made it lying on the ground near the hole, still smoking. Gulping, he desperately tried to supress the need to vomit from sheer nerves and he felt the blood drain from his face. Everywhere around him, his fellow recruits were similarly pale faced and some of them, perhaps even more nervous than Andras(although quite how he couldn't fathom) or less used to racing through the air were doubled over, emptying their stomach's contents over the troop compartment's deck. All of them were shaking like leaves in the autumn breeze.

The only exception to this was sergeant Gavralas. As a veteran of the Great Crusade, combat drops were nothing new to him and with his meltagun resting casually on one shoulder and his rebrether hanging limply from his helmet he looked more like he was going for walk in the park than being dropped into a warzone with anti aircraft fire trying to shoot him down. As the plane rocked once more, another shell exploding nearby no doubt, the sergeant was calmly walking around making sure that all of them had checked their rebreathers for any frozen saliva, fastened their carapace armour properly and had properly attached their grav chutes. Even as the stink of vomit mixed with that of gunsmoke and other men's vomit spilled onto his boots, the fact that the sergeant was apparently intent on letting none of them die on his watch brought Andras no end of comfort. The sergeant was the most terrifying bastard Andras had ever met but at that moment in time, he was THEIR terrifying bastard.

"Coming over target now" came the pilot:s voice over the comms "Prepare for combat drop". With that, the back ramp of the aircraft lowered and the air rushed in. Andras could see the anti aircraft fire, thick clouds of black smoke that indicated a shell explosion, as well as the hundreds of other aircraft in their formation. Making sure he'd properly sealed his helmet, Andras lowered his drop visor and put his rebreather on. As sweat began to form on his brow and drip down his face, Andras' gaze became fixed on the drop light. Orange. Not lomg now.

With a shriek of in aircraft claxons, the light turned green and the pilot shouted "GO!". Immediately, the sergeant leapt out of the aircraft. He was followed by the first five members of Andras' squad and then Andras' turn came. He just had time to admire the spectacle of thousands of drop troops making a drop at once before he took a deep breath. And then he jumped, leaping face first into hell.

Could anyone take a look at my last post in the Mechanicus thread and let me know if it looks alright?

An idea sprang into my head today for our equivalent to Horus' post-Isstvan triumph. Icarion has a particularly tough fortress world glassed and rallies the bulk of his force there to begin the push for Terra. Cue echoes of General Hux and dark promises regarding the Secessionists.

Also the Games stories continue apace, so if anyone has a Legion champion of whatever discipline they'd like name-dropped, PM me :)

Lord Marshal Artorus Plantagus looked out from his position on a raised podium over the masses of Imperial soldiery arrayed below him. There were hundreds of regiments representing dozens of worlds and yet they were only a fraction of the military might he could muster as Lord High Marshal of the Segmentum Solar. There were Antasian Gangers, Yurallik Convicts, Albyonic Lancers, Byzant Janizzars, Arabyk Raiders, Halderoth Axe Fighters, the list went on and on. Beneath him they were arrayed in their ranks, each world’s regiments identifiable by their uniforms and proud banners, which hung limply in the dead air of the space vessel...

Hi, sorry for being a bit late with this, and sorry to say I haven't been keeping up with the project.

Anyway, I find that such a long list of regiment names is counterproductive, people will just gloss over it, and think they are a bunch of faceless guardsmen, and therefore the whole scene hits less hard, just for this slight detail.

I'd recommend giving them a quick description of their general mindset or aspect, most with a simple adjective or two, but the last three or so with an active description (going full hog on a short sentence with subject/verb/complement): together, this will make the soldiers of these regiments become distinctive people with their own personalities, and therefore their own reaction to the ominous news, even if this actually happens offscreen - if it is done correctly, a reader might even be able to guess how they would react through even such a short description; and all the different reactions should hopefully make the reader take on board just how this short but ominous sentence will eventually change the lives of every single human in the galaxy...

Sorry for waxing lyrical for a small detail like this. Please excuse me, I'm tired X)

Anyway, as an example, you can run with something along these lines (my suggestions in bold):

Lord Marshal Artorus Plantagus looked out from his position on a raised podium over the masses of Imperial soldiery arrayed below him. There were hundreds of regiments representing dozens of worlds and yet they were only a fraction of the military might he could muster as Lord High Marshal of the Segmentum Solar.

Beneath him stood the ranks of the countless regiments of the Imperial Army hailing from worlds throughout the galaxy: here, he could see the noble Albyonic Lancers beside the ever-loyal Byzant Janizzars; and there the Antasian Gangers and the Yurallik Convicts, the rival regiments struggling not to launch themselves at each-others' throats. Further out, the contrast between the boisterous Halderoth Axe Fighters and the discrete Arabyk Raiders could not be sharper. The standards and uniforms of all these men and women hailed their diverse origins, yet reminded any witness of their unifying allegiance to the great Imperium of Mankind; today, they hung limply in the dead air of the space vessel, as if they sensed the dire consequences of the news that he must now bring to them.

He swept his eyes over them, his monocle feeding him information on each regiment’s numbers, ratio of armour to infantry or artillery to armour; their homeworld’s compliance date and commanding officer; even their latest accuracy results from their latest training sessions. All futile now...

Behind him, his own banner - a silver horse's head on a dark green field - was held up by one of his gold-armoured Veletarii bodyguards. The rest of them held their axes in a position that was seemingly at ease and had their volkite calivers in a holster. However, Artorus knew that this was just a pretence and they were perfectly capable of springing into action at any moment. He knew he should feel safe - they were perfectly capable of springing into action at any moment - dread filled his heart.

Standing as straight as he could, his ivory cloak hanging from his shoulders with the weight of worlds, Artorus at last opened the most important speech of his life.

Brothers !” he began “You have followed me to the very ends of the galaxy. Out here amongst the stars, we have conquered every foe that has dared to oppose us. You have followed me unto the ends of the Earth and beyond, into the dark points of the galaxy never before touched by humanity. In this, none have ever stopped us. We are invincible, unstoppable!”.

He paused as his men broke out into a cheer. Amongst them those who cheered the loudest were the men who bored the scars of years of fighting, bionic implants and still wore the older style of flak armour. These were the hardened veterans who had followed Artorus all that way and had braved the darkness. Artorus couldn’t have been prouder had he tried. “We have seen horrors other men couldn’t meet even in their most terrible nightmares, and we have defeated them! Each of you has proved himself a hundred times over! If any man doubts your courage and fortitude, he is almost as foolish are you are brave!”

He paused again, letting them let off another enormous cheer.

“Not once has any man here questioned the righteousness or justice of our cause, even as monstrosities spawned from the darkest depths of Hell bore down upon him.

"However, we have yet to face the worst of the galaxy’s horrors: once more, I must ask you to brave the horrors of war and in the worst battlefield of all."

He paused, the entire assembly awaiting the conclusion with baited breath. He could see that his men were ready to fight, ready to follow him unto the breach once more.

Yet he would not - could not - give them this order; this order that would send all these brave men and women - from each corner of the galaxy, from a myriad families and upbringings, from the lowest of sewer rats to the highest of nobles - to their deaths.

"I do not wish to make this a command, but I must still ask this of you, my friends and brothers”.

Once again, a massive cheer rippled through their ranks and this time Artorus was sure he felt the deck shake. Long had he made use of this technique taught by the Discipline Officers for Morale's sake; but this time, he was sincere. And he dreaded their reaction to the last sentence nearly as much as its meaning.

He suddenly felt exhausted as he spoke once more, his voice faultering at the end.

“Icarion Anasem, the Stormborn, Lord of the First Legion and Second to the Warmaster, has betrayed the Emperor...”

nb: I thought the "ever-loyal" Byzant Janizzars could be a fun little easter egg.

nb2 Halderoth Axe Fighters? Do these come from the same world as the swords of Haldroth perchance ?

nb3: does Artorus/Artus (sp?) particularly follow the Lectitio Divinitatus ? If not, try finding replacements to some of the more religiously-conotated expressions (speaking of Hell for instance))