Well I think on it. ( I confuse them all the time as well^^)

You have to built them yourself. You buy the spare parts. Ao if you want to change the head.ir give them different shoulderpads, it is very easy. But here the link to the conversiin corner where you find all spare parts for a unit

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Conversion-Corner/Hoplite

For Europeans, "commemoration" and "celebration" are too often taken as synonyms (except when commemorating people who lost their lives). I appologise for mine (and I imagine Sanguinius's) cultural misunderstanding :smile.:

No, this is my fault. I have this odd habit of using words in their technical sense when speaking. But I don't do it when I'm writing fiction. I bet if I'd check, commemorate has a positive connotation here in the US as well.

A squad of destroyers? Or something big and special? Wait until the DAs Dreadblade is released. A giant tank which fired void shells.

Worthy of note and have the same result: annihilating.

...one can Never go wrong with a Terran-Wrought Leviathan Dreadnought.

...says the Dreadhead.

What's that?

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHT IS!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:ohmy.:

99020187209_LeviathanCyclonicBundle01.jp

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/search/searchResults.jsp?qty=com.gamesworkshop.endeca.EndecaUserContext%4017a56df8&sorting=&view=&searchTerm=leviathan

Edited by Slipstreams

Gentlemen, I have a question. As a historian, I've taken great interest in the UK vote on the EU and wish to commemorate the event with a FW purchase. The only reason this conversation is happening is because my wife is considering allowing me to spend the money.

So, my question is, what unit would best represent this day?

Something White Scars, as I already want out of the whole argument :p

Thinking of which, my IH Levvy has had such a crap debut this week.

Anywaaaay, here's some kind of one-line introductory thing for the theoretical BL-style Berserker book:

"The Emperor, blessed be his name, has taught us much on the failings of gods and religion - that there is no heaven, and there is no hell. And yet, please forgive me, I cannot think of the name Raktra Akarro and not believe in the Devil."

THE THING CAN KILL A KNIGHT BEFORE IT EVEN SWINGS IN CC!

Sure, it costs as much as a Knight, but the thing is vicious.

http://lazysundaymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/leo7.gif

Is that so...?

It can!?

Dude, mine killed an entire unit of Lootas, a Biker Boss and a unit of 8 Warbikes in one round of shooting. And mine's a CC build!

It can!?

Dude, mine killed an entire unit of Lootas, a Biker Boss and a unit of 8 Warbikes in one round of shooting. And mine's a CC build!

Er, how could it shoot at two units, am I missing something in the rules ?

Alright.

Brief rundown of what a Leviathan Dread can do and has:

WS:5 BS:5 S:8 AV 13/13/12 I:4 HP:4 A:4 (2CCW)

Wargear:

-2 Siege Claws with In-built Melta Guns

-2 Torso Heavy Flamers

-Frag 'nades

-Smoke Launchers

-Searchlight

-Extra Armour

USR:

-Reinforced Antomantic Shielding (4++, add +D3 to Strength and Radius of Explodes! Results)

-Crushing Charge (2 HoW Hits at S8 and +1 Initiative on the Charge)

-Move Through Cover

It can trade:

• Siege Claw w/ Meltagun for a Siege Drill w/ Meltagun
  • Heavy Flamer for Twin-Linked Caliver
  • Siege Claw for:
    • Cyclonic Melta Lance
    • Grav-Flux Bombard
    • Leviathan Storm Cannon
  • May be equipped with a Phosphex Discharger and Armoured Ceramite

Claw: Sx2 Ap2 Melee, Wrecker, Severing Cut (on a 4+, every unsaved wounds deals another D3 Wounds that need to be saved separately)

Drill: Sx2 Ap2 Melee, Wrecker, Armourbane

Cyclonic Melta Lance: Range: 18" S:9 Ap1 Heavy 3, Melta

Grav-Flux Bombard: Range: 18" S: X Ap2, Heavy 1, Pinning, Large Blast (5"), Graviton Collapse, Torsion Crusher, No Cover Saves.

• Graviton Collapse: Models with a Toughness Value must roll equal to or under their Strength Value on 2D6 or suffer a wound. Roll 3D6 for Armour Penetration vs Armour Values. Leave the marker in place like all other 30k Grav
  • Torsion Crusher: Double the Number of Hull Point Damage a weapon with this rule inflicts.

Leviathan Storm Cannon: Range: 24" S:7 Ap:3 Heavy 6, Sunder

Phosphex Discharger: Range: 6"-18" S:5 Ap: 2 Heavy 3, Barrage, One Use, Blast (3"), Poisoned (3+), Crawling Death, Lingering Fire.

In Short, here's what I wrote on 1d4chan:

It should be stated, however, that with a Cyclonic Melta Lance and a Drill, a Leviathan in a pod has pretty good odds at being able to take out a Knight Titan though it does take some pieces to fall perfectly into place for this to occur.

• First: Leviathan w/ Cyclonic Melta Lance in a Dreadnought Drop Pod lands behind said target Knight, preferably in melta range if possible. If you have sufficient front arc threats for the Knight, its controlling player should have a hard time deciding on whether or not to let the shield face the Leviathan who, it should be mentioned, isn't forced out of his pod upon landing granting him 3, Shrouded Av12 Ablative Hull Points.
  • Second: Whether or not the Ion Shield is pointed your way, shoot 3 S9 Ap1 Melta Shots at BS5 into the butt of said Knight which is Av12. If your dice are willing, you'll get 3 hits. Those shot then need a 3+ to Glance, 4+ to pen. If you're in Melta Range, these are pretty much auto pens.
  • Third: At Ap1, you gain +2 to Vehicle Damage Table (Bonus points if you're Alpha Legion running Dynat for a further +1 for a total of +3) which, thanks to the Knight being a Super-Heavy, means that Explodes Results - obtained on a 5+ - deal a further D3 Hull Points in damage.
  • Fourth: That means that, if everything lines up nigh-perfectly, your Leviathan and his Melta Lance can deal 3+3D3 Hull Points in damage to said Knight (or other Super Heavies) for a potential maximum of 12 Hull Points.
  • Fifth and possibly finally: If your army has not killed said Knight by this point and the Leviathan is not dead yet, you get to do steps 1-4 all over again BUT! now with the possibility of charging into CC to smack it with 2 S8 HoW hits and 4 S10 Ap2 Armourbane Hits at I5, hitting it before it can hit you with its S:D Weapon (unless a Castigator) at WS5 meaning you're most likely hitting it on 3s.

Edited by Slipstreams

They are nasty for sure; and Daer'dd's gift to Niklaas in the Botlverse if anyone remembers that going down, literally like the day after it was drummed up for us, the Leviathan was announced and we just went collectively "That's it isn't it?" And all I could think of was "…yep…".

It can!?

Er, how could it shoot at two units, am I missing something in the rules ?

They were very close, yay for blasts.