Heresy Ultramarines

• 3 weeks later...

First off all thank you to everyone for your kind commments.

Any chance you could share the recipe? Looks great!

Recipe for the blue is all through an airbrush zenithal stylee...

Prime black

1:1 kantor & black

Kantor

Macragge blue

Aldorf blue

1:1 water & vallejo metallic medium

Edge highlight Calth blue

Edge highlight white.

Great blue. Quite different to what I'm going for, but looks totally realistic and the metallic tone is very cool. Keen to see how this develops.

I've had a look at your brother captain and wish I had the skill to be able to weather like that!!

So heres a bit of an update, all the armour is now done so now onto lots of detail and edge highlighting blink.png

c&c most welcome

gallery_67911_11191_93446.jpg

• 2 months later...

Im not a fan of Ultramarines but those do look great and the work on the Rhino is awesome.

I think its the cleaness of the Shoulder pads that is putting you off, Ultramarines tend to have a basic/to tidy feel to their shoulder pads. Id suggest if that is the case a bit of armour damage/weathering in small amounts should break it up nicely. I mean who has whiter than white logos at the areas regularly shot at?

Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, great painting and weathering. Your colors are fantastic.

Second, about the shoulders: I think it's the yellow contrast versus the deep blue making them look bigger than they are. The yellow pops, and divides up the model, where the bolt guns fade into the blue armor more readily when looking at it. I wouldn't change it, as the yellow looks good. Maybe, just maybe, dull it a bit. Just matte coat might be enough, or a slightly shaded yellow base to start from. But it doesn't need it, they look excellent add they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!  Thank you Papa!  Love that FW Praetor sculpt.   Paint work is solid.  Dark, gritty, and very 30k man!  Photo is a bit dark, but still like what I can see.

Keep them blue boys comin'

THERE IS ONLY THE EMPEROR (and Forgeworld)

Merry x-mas to you as well from this side of the pond!

BSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived