Looking to buy some used things

aura_enchanted

Hey there folks I'm currently negotiating the price on some marine models and want to know what everyone thinks of the prices:

Land raider, primed black, assembled (no magnets or pins, 4th edition box) (65)

22 terminators (assorted boxes including wgt, chaos terminators, gk Paladins, aobr terminators, old space hulk board game) (60)

Prices are in Canadian in their own separate perenthsies. My plan is to de-whatever it is he's done to them to the terminators make them more generic before doing them up as deathwing or since their primed in black mostly I'll do them up as guardians of the covenant and use them as my deathwing redemption force with normal dwt tossed in for some legitimacy. Which would make the force look fluffy on the table.

Unless you're really trying to save time building the land raider, not really worth it. Ebay has them brand new for less than $60 and you'll be getting all the bitz (that includes free shipping). Since the Canadian Dollar has surpassed the US, I'd assume it's even a handful of pennies cheaper than that.

For the terminators, I'd not recommend it. DV terminators are pretty cheap and all DA, no mix and match shenanigans. Chaos terminators will get you a lot of snickers, even if you spend many hours trying to file down all the markings. They also have the wrong weapons.

Honestly, if you're looking into making a deathwing force, I'd strongly suggest DV and a smattering of bitz (you can buy the plasma cannon off ebay too) for customizing them.

I'd not go for the deal in front of you. But that's just my recommendation.

EDIT: Quick search for DV terminators netted a lot of 8 for $10 each and 2.99 shipping (option to combine). So for the same price you could get a landraider and 30 DV terminators off ebay.

I'm inclined to agree with twopounder. You might even find DA models as new on Amazon for cheaper (it is actually worth a look). Have another look-round before you purchase.

I already possess many deathwing (15 total) and so really it's to flesh out my numbers and give me the bodies to at least have someone with the weapons I don't yet have a lot of like thunder hammers, cyclones, and the chainfist. It's also a way for me to get extra generic terminators

Terminators are so cheap on eBay or bitz sites now that I wouldn't pay anything like that price for them, especially if by "old Space Hulk" you mean the original release ones with the extreme monopose. You will probably find at least some local DA players who'd part with them for less given that a pure terminator force hasn't really been viable since 5th (I know I have spares I'd happily offload, though that's no use to you because I'm in the UK!).

It really depends on if you want to put the time in that it would require to convert them to DW termies. If you are up for the task then go for it. You can always slowly swap them out with more DV sets or the DW boxes as you can acquire them. If you are just looking for bodies/models to throw on the table for casual games while you work on converting them then maybe it is worth your while. If this was something I wanted to do, I wouldn't really care if someone snickered at the models I converted as I am the one that has to field them, who cares what they think.

Personally, if I was going to do any converting I would use the DV sets, as others have stated they can be found for pretty cheap, and you can work to give them different poses and weapons and mix them in with DW termies etc. But that is just me.

Do what you feel is best for you and your army. You are the one that has to model, convert, and paint them.

Archived