What knight to choose?

Jønke

Greetings brothers.

I have recently gotten my filthy hands on a imperil knight kit and i am wondering what kind of knight to assemble?

Which of the knights do you guys think runs best with general BA armys?

I havent played a with a knight before so im clueless on how they perform but something tells me that the crusader is the best option due to more dakka?

Allthough the rule of cool somehow makes me wanna pick the warden. Fist and gatink gun looks great imo.

Any feedback or random thoughts on the subject will me much appriciatet.

thx

Pick the one that shoots the most! A dakka knight can be a great asset to the BA who mostly lack long range firepower. I on the other hand only follow the rule of cool so I picked a knight lancer (and I found a cheap one on ebay). Every unit I have (except the scouts) perform best when they are in the enemy's face so I'm probably going to lose just about every game, but who cares? My army looks awesome haha

Thx for the feedback guys :)

I would magnetize his arms for all options. smile.png

I flipped through the instructions and it didn't seem as easy as on other vehicles. Have you tryed it? Im gonna google abit around and see if others have done it.

Else dakka titan it is. Then the next one will be the cooler looking oversized dreadnought :)

Between paladin and errant, it was always paladin, due to the battle cannon - ranged AP3 is something BA sorely lack, we have fast melta in spades.

Between the battle cannon, gatling thing and AP3 missiles, this thing should be deleting a unit per turn.

If youre not using a raven, the anti air mount can work too, to provide some AA defence.

I was looking for magnetizing guides online but can only find for the older knight which seems rather simple. But with all the options of the new one it seem a bit more complicated. But guess i have to try :P

While I can't let myself buy one until everything else is painted, I'd always go Dakka Knight for BA.

Echoing what others have said it really just deletes units. Also, works as an incredible distraction to keep the Death Company alive and unmolested :D

But with all the options of the new one it seem a bit more complicated. 

Dont forget, the other options are just other arms.

If you can magnetise between the melta and battle cannon, then the rest should be easy.

Thx for the feedback guys smile.png

I would magnetize his arms for all options. smile.png

I flipped through the instructions and it didn't seem as easy as on other vehicles. Have you tryed it? Im gonna google abit around and see if others have done it.

Else dakka titan it is. Then the next one will be the cooler looking oversized dreadnought smile.png

Fairly easy. The key is removing the lip on the upper arm assembly that the lower arm clamps around - this allows the lower arm to slide onto the upper arm. Glue the lower arm together with a small amount of green stuff in the bottom of the opening to set your magnet into, and drill out the bottom of the upper arm for its magnet.

gallery_80588_10579_23474.jpg

gallery_80588_10579_69962.jpg

Foreground: Shoulder/upper arm assemblies. The lip in the previous picture has been trimmed off, and magnets added.

Midground: Avenger cannon (side) and thunder gauntlet (showing the connection, with magnet, to the upper arm).

Note: make sure the polarity direction matches for all magnets, or you won't be able to swap weapons.

If you want a fun knight go with the pure CC one and the mask that gives it rampage.

Thunderstomp, punch and throw stuff!

For added hilarity cast 'the quickening' on him.

Oh. ...Oh. OH.

It's... It's beautiful.

If you want a fun knight go with the pure CC one and the mask that gives it rampage.

That for sure fits the BA theme. Death company knight titan muhahahha... (looks over at reaver and black paint..)

Thx for the photo Carlson. It really helps. Guess im out of excuses :)

I buyed a cheap Knight set yesterday.

Will go the full magnet route.

For Tournaments i wil use the Crusader for max Dakka for friendly games i will use the Warden or the cc Knight.

Knight assembling and painting will have to wait till end september after the exams.

Oh. ...Oh. OH.

It's... It's beautiful.

The Pacific Rim theme just started up in my head. Time to wrassle some Nids.

Archived