Fleash Tearers Drop Pod List.

Rommel44

Hey mates. Currently in the process of trying out a bunch of lists using Drop Pods and so far I have tested out a number of good ones in SW, IF (Sentinels of Terra), Salamanders, and regular BA. However,  after playing the BA for a bit, I remembered about the Flesh Tearers Strike Force and there ability to field 6x FA slots. Has anyone tested this out with a Drop Pod Army with the actual BA Flesh Tearers Assault Marines and not using them to ally to drop in other units from other armies? With all the advantages the BA Assault Marines have in terms of weaponry and being able to take a free transport in place of there Jump Pacls, kinda surprised more people are not running them.

I think the biggest problem is that not everybody have 6+ drop pods @ home and that it is expensive to get such an amount in such a short time. i now have 7 pods but only 4 Meltacide Squads. I would rather field 3-4 meltqcide squads and fill the other slots with attack bikes or grav biker and use the pods in other slots.

I think the biggest problem is that not everybody have 6+ drop pods @ home and that it is expensive to get such an amount in such a short time. i now have 7 pods but only 4 Meltacide Squads. I would rather field 3-4 meltqcide squads and fill the other slots with attack bikes or grav biker and use the pods in other slots.

This would be my attempt if I had 8 more pods and a desire to build more marines.

Idk if the deathatorm pods are good. Probably not, but I like the idea of 100% podlist. Something about it just feels right as far as fluff goes.

Karlean 160

Elites

Death company 235- 8 DC, PF,PW,7 have bolters, Power sword has a pistol. Rides with the capitain in the pod.

Troops 200-Tac squad, ten strong, heavy flamer, flamer combi flamer, drop pod

Fast attack

135-3x assault squad, five men, two meltaguns, inferno pistols on sarg, drop pod

145- 2x assault squad, five men, two plasma guns, two plaspistols on the sarg, drop pod

Heavy support

75- drop pod with whirlwind launchers

95- drop pod with assault cannons.

Edit:

I realize now is not really the time for lists, this is just me spitballing the idea really. I haven't tried it,obviously. I totally agree that everyone wants to a little bit but no one can/or would duild that many meltacide units. At a certain point, I think it would just be better to put dreadnoughts in them.

Hi Rommel, thanks for adding to the forum. Don't think you'll get an answer to your question for a couple of reasons.

1. ASM are redundant (literally) when you have access to Death company.

2. We still have access to DOA (descent of angels) via a formation. Most BA would rather DS ASM as we get a turn of shrouded and precission placement. Pods aren't nesicarry.

3. FTSF rage unleashed is very average. 10+ for charge distances will never reliably proc.

4. Our ASM are best podded in as meltacide, e.g 5 man, x2 melta and a combi on the sarge.

5. Bikes. BA chapter tactic on bikes that can weild grav is great. The FA slots are best spent on cheap bike squads that give DC a cover save.

Hope this helps. How'd you go with IF SoT? I am working on a list that employs x5 DPs, 3 filled with IF SoT tac squads for a cover save and HEAPS of 1st turn bolter dice.

2. We still have access to DOA (descent of angels) via a formation. Most BA would rather DS ASM as we get a turn of shrouded and precission placement. Pods aren't nesicarry.

A turn of Shrouded and precision placment?

I thought DoA just gave us one less dice on the scatter.

Archived