Pros and cons of the new codex

Dukeawesome1

RW command benefits well. They needed the durability for multiple combats. Then his leadership bubble greatly helps the msu components of the list.

Also tons of great warlord trait options to tailor for opponent

Yeah board control is important, but that is one of the reasons the Azzy + blob is so good. It has such a commanding presence on the board, huge footprint. You can't just ignore it and you are very likely not going to kill it unless you focus everything on it early on, and because that combo isnt so expensive you have plenty other units on the board not being fired at. and it's almost half the cost of that squad.

But as I mentioned earlier I've never ran that combo before, with azzy and RCS. So I wouldn't be able to say anything against it. It certainly sounds great. But it is almost half your army in points in most tourney games. 

Having a deathstar like that is also ok for codices that are cheap elsewhere. But unfortunately we're already in an expensive codex - so the left over points won't give us a lot for the rest of the list. 

Having a space marine deathstar like that with the rest of the points going to IG is a much better fit, as they can bring a ton of stuff with the left over points. 

I am definitely intrigued by the combo though, I've only really seen things like that done with chaos and usually the other way around (bike mounted character in a unit of infantry)
The thing that interests me the most about that is setting up the multi-assaults to tie up key shooting units then controlling when they are allowed to shoot or when you're allowed to shoot them using hit and run.

Squeezing two functional Demi-Companies, Azrael, Ezekiel, and a Command Squad worth attaching them to is getting tight. 

I agree with this, Azrael is just junk in general and in my opinion not really worth bringing if you're playing seriously.  For fun? To hold your fist high to the heavens and tell your opponent that the grand master himself has taken matters into his own hands? Sure.

I think you mean Supreme Grand Master, SvenONE. If Pandorax taught us anything, it's that neither Azrael nor Kaldor Draigo suffer mere mortals missing their titles. Tsk-tsk!

I was chatting about Supreme Grand Master Azrael recently with a friend and he asked me if his helmet shield covered building structures. It clearly doesn't state that in the codex, but it got me wondering - should it? I guess I'm just playing with wishful thinking here as I have a Plasma Obliterator tower sitting on my shelf waiting to be built and I thought it would be interesting to have Azrael inside and protecting his unit from some pretty catastrophic Gets Hot rolls, along with the structure itself ! msn-wink.gif

I was chatting about Supreme Grand Master Azrael recently with a friend and he asked me if his helmet shield covered building structures. It clearly doesn't state that in the codex, but it got me wondering - should it? I guess I'm just playing with wishful thinking here as I have a Plasma Obliterator tower sitting on my shelf waiting to be built and I thought it would be interesting to have Azrael inside and protecting his unit from some pretty catastrophic Gets Hot rolls, along with the structure itself ! msn-wink.gif

I would say that's a definite no as his helm says it protects vehicles, and even though buildings have a transport capacity they still aren't vehicles

Archived