Blood angels tactical squad

Kriegsmaschine

Well I guess I've been spoilt so far as all the cc jump troops and scouts vehicles etc have been fairly easy to assemble.

Things I like the least are the arms, hands, shoulder pads and backpacks and working out which pieces/poses don't conflict with others.  Also I find the arms and weapons really fiddly to try and assemble well.

It may just be an experience thing though.

It can be tricky to get a feel for the pose when there are so many tiny bits that need to work together. I'd recommend either replicating the poses you like from the box art / website pics or checking out what others have done on Google images. Basically just steal the good pose ideas of others :D

Also, you could try using sub assemblies. Use the arm combos specified in the instructions and stick them to the torso. Then test that on top of different legs until you're happy. Then add the shoulder pads, back pack and lastly the head. Doing the head last is very important and this can make a surprising difference to the overall look.

Blue tac. Seriously, the models I made before I started testing poses with blue tac look way less dynamic than the current ones. Also if you use it sparingly you can spray without any issues, add or remove parts while painting to get to hard to reach areas, and then finally glue when the model is totally painted, (as long as no glue is going to be visible or drip onto your lovely painting).

I guess it's a poor mans version of magnets.

I feel so sorry for my very first tactical squad.. One side of their bolters barely even got primed, let alone detailed. Never again.

Archived