One-Eye into the Darkness

One-eye

Sometimes we need a side project to keep motivation for the main one. So while I'm waiting for my White Scars upgrade kits (I will not receive them before November), I will set up a (or several) small warbands for Inq28 / Inquisimunda.

To begin with something not to difficult to convert, I've settled the base of an Ordos Hereticus Puritan Inquisitor warband, Blanche de la Rocha.

The first 3 members have been painted quickly :

Sister Joan, keeper of the memory.

gallery_61390_8644_144883.jpg gallery_61390_8644_55232.jpg

I love this mini, so the conversion was minimal. I've just changed the staff to give her a real weapon.

Douglas Quaid, acolyte. Fanatic follower of Blanche, this former miner helped the Inquisitor during the purge of Ursus III, his homeworld. Some says he even saved her life and keep his work tool as a lucky charm since.

gallery_61390_8644_22217.jpg

Again, a very easy conversion.

gallery_61390_8644_27770.jpg

Rook. Is it an armoured mutant ? A child ? An ancient artefact of the Machine-God ? No one knows because no one dares to ask.

gallery_61390_8644_78345.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_2000.jpg

Oh, this is gonna be awesome. Also, nice Total Recall reference. msn-wink.gif

Ahah thanks BCK, glad someone caught it.

Hey, that's a Confrontation mini... I miss that game :-(

Yeah, me too. I've got literally hundreds of Rackham minis to use.

While Joan and Quaid are unquestionably good, it's Rook that I like the most. Such a lovely, quirky little model. Strangely well suited to the chainsword, I must say.^_^

If there's two things I'm good at it, it's chopping up little plastic soldiers and movie knowledge. Man, this is making me want to get back to my own Inquisitor band I started.

If there's two things I'm good at it, it's chopping up little plastic soldiers and movie knowledge. Man, this is making me want to get back to my own Inquisitor band I started.

Same here. Though done with considerably less skill and imagination than either of you :P

Rook is amazing. Reminds me of ono from ulesses 31.

It reminded me of Oon from Jace and the Wheeled Warriors happy.png

Good stuff so far thumbsup.gif

Indeed, he's kind of a grimdark Oon smile.png

My next minis are a penitent icon bearer (pip), a gladiator and Blanche herself.

The gladiator

gallery_61390_8644_43598.jpg gallery_61390_8644_82648.jpg

What I really liked about the base mini are the metal bracers. They make a separation between several parts of the arm, so I imagined a changeable weapon gladiator. His master can easily remove weapons and add others, or even a mechanical hand. Kind of a plug-and-play Gladiator smile.png.

Blanche de la Rocha, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

gallery_61390_8644_74204.jpg

I forgot how difficult it was to convert a metal mini, like in the (not so) good ol-days. Today we're lucky with all these fully compatible plastic kits.

I like the "plug n play" Gladiator - kinda like a Grimdark Trapjaw happy.png

Blanche de la Rocha is a conversion well done. Metal conversions are never easy blink.png

Thanks all for the kind words.

Blanche's company is reinforced !

Benedict, bearer of the holy relics of Saint Innocent Kreed.

Benedict was colonel and commanded the XIIth Regiment of Avagg, in the Astra Militarum, more than 30 years ago. As the most ancient living member of Blanche's retinue, little is known about his story. Some whispers that he doubted the Emperor's will during a massive Death Guard invasion in the Helican subsector. How he didn't absolve himself in death and was spared by Blanche is the main oddity of this rumour. But since then, he bears the holy relics of Saint Innocent Kreed, one of the first Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Blanche herself is claiming that this sacred artefact is given from Inquisitor to Acolyte, and then, that she's the heir of the ancient hero of the Imperium.

gallery_61390_8644_132077.jpg gallery_61390_8644_6831.jpg

Archived