4000 eaters

Fangbanger

Hey hey everyone and warning, lots of text inbound

So I have been busy with my world eaters lately and looking at the next level so have drafted what I believe will be the goal I want to hit at 4000, which won't be long. I've played around with a few things on the table and come up with this:

+++ 4000 with termies (3993pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Khârn the Bloody

Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad [2x Chainfist, 3x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Plasma Blaster, 2x Power Fist, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist, Combi-Weapon, Grenade Harness]

The Red Butchers [9x Butcher Terminator]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Flare Shield]

The Devoured [2x Chainfist, Second Power Axe]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment

Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Power Sword]

Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Power Sword]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

+ Fast Attack +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron [Melta Bombs, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters]

Sky Hunter Sergeant

Power fist

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

+ Lord of War +

The Primarch Angron

3 Spartans in total, one with tac squad and Khârn, one with tac squad and angron. 10 butchers in another which yes is overkill, but generally they overkill anyway and are left in the open, better to have more bodies to soak up the damage besides, I :cussing love them.

Dreads for AA and the scorpions just because, seen them used and think it could be fun to have but deco up for other options for my last heavy. I do have a venator but really don't see what all the fuss is about with them so I've dropped it

I really like terminators and though a unit with fists and plas in a pod offers me a little more flexibility and can be my can opener unit ripping those Spartans in 2.

Jetbikes are my nip about unit to hit armour in the backfield or holdup units. Also toying with the idea of dropping them down to 3 and adding a preator/paragon in instead, thoughts?

Khârn as been a beast for me, but without gore child wondering if he is actually worth having and weather a plasma/paragon preator is a better option for the tac squad

Nice, simple, brutal list that is all about combat with a few support units to cover other bases. One thing that does scare me is flyers. Played a couple of lightning fighters last night and they rapped my Spartans. De redo instead of scorpios is a possibility.

Grav is another thing I am contemplating. Either in the form of dreads or artillery units but in either case I would have to drop other units

Sorry it's a bit wordy, but really looking to get some opinions from more experienced veterans!

Archived