Ragnar blackmane wip

Tommie Soule

From a guy who has loved Jes Goodwin's version for fifteen plus years: yours is better.

"Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... a long time." Where have you and your Imperial Fists been? :)

IIRC, in the old fluff, he had blond hair whereas in the newer fluff it is indeed black. Since this model is very much a hommage to the bygone era of early 40k I can only assume that's why he doesn't have a black mane.

Excellent work.

IIRC, in the old fluff, he had blond hair whereas in the newer fluff it is indeed black. Since this model is very much a hommage to the bygone era of early 40k I can only assume that's why he doesn't have a black mane.

Another reason Games Workshop is such a popular target on 4chan- the company can't get its fluff straight.

Fantastic! You've really captured the spirit of Goodwin's original. Love the work on his boots. If i remember right that's a detail from the Rogue Trader days? Something about them being weaponized i think.

Yeah third edition gave him a 5+ attack if i remember, if you didnt charge??? Argh my brain is broken....

....still, thats an awesome conversion

I have been doing a bit of work with some basing ideas.

I'm not going to go nuts base wise because its going to be for my gaming army and it has to be durable and roughly match my army base style.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/tommiesoule/20160112_210721-1_1.jpg

I have been doing a bit of work with some basing ideas.
I'm not going to go nuts base wise because its going to be for my gaming army and it has to be durable and roughly match my army base style.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/tommiesoule/20160112_210721-1_1.jpg

Super-ultra-turbo awesome. Puts the original to shame, and to be fair that holds up pretty well given it's age.

Archived