First attempt at an Imperial Fist...

WolfofWinter

I normally paint Space Wolves, or SoB, but I wanted to have a go at doing something a little out of my comfort zone, so I thought i'd have a go at an Imperial Fist. I did a bit of research on the web, and saw a looooot of different interpretations. I wanted my guy to look like he'd seen action, and didn't want him too bright and cheery. I like to think he turned out just where I wanted him. Pretty pleased with the results, although I wish I had a couple of clearer pictures now...

Now, to try something that is red... >shudders<

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab241/lairofthehorde/Imperial%20Fist%2010-16-13_zpsltswtkvs.png

C&C welcome!

Thanks! Well, I actually really enjoyed painting him, and there is something to be said for painting weathered yellow, I think it makes rust etc really pop, so I'd say there is a good chance of some more coming down the line happy.png I have some surplus termies that I could probably do to keep him company!

Well mate, I think he looks very cool. The battle damage is very well done, and the yellow has a nice tone to it! Nice shading, it looks quite natural. I struggled a lot with my first attempt at painting yellow, so well done doing it on a larger scale! thumbsup.gif

Neat details as well, the "shaved" head looks good, as do the writing and freehand. I'm pretty sure the sword looks awesome too, wouldn't mind another shot of that. msn-wink.gif

What would be improvable is the face, I know that the BR minis are a bit less sharp in details, however some eyes wouldn't hurt.happy.png

It just feels like it got less attention than the rest.

Anyways, good on ya mate. Do a Blood Angel now! laugh.png

Snorri

Well mate, I think he looks very cool. The battle damage is very well done, and the yellow has a nice tone to it! Nice shading, it looks quite natural. I struggled a lot with my first attempt at painting yellow, so well done doing it on a larger scale! thumbsup.gif

Neat details as well, the "shaved" head looks good, as do the writing and freehand. I'm pretty sure the sword looks awesome too, wouldn't mind another shot of that. msn-wink.gif

What would be improvable is the face, I know that the BR minis are a bit less sharp in details, however some eyes wouldn't hurt.happy.png

It just feels like it got less attention than the rest.

Anyways, good on ya mate. Do a Blood Angel now! laugh.png

Snorri

Thanks mate, I appreciate your words of encouragement! I do believe I painted the eyes, but you can't really tell from these couple of pictures. I'll have to get some more shots and post them in the thread.

Not sure i'll be painting any Blood Angels, but I have some Word Bearers... happy.png

That's a very well done fist!

Thank you good sir! >doffs cap<

Archived