Getting ready for regional tournament

Remtek

Each mission will be a mix of Eternal War and a modified maelstrom mission both worth 4 points each and LB, FB, SLW worth 1 point each, so max points is 11. I have been working on a list that keeps some of the BA spirit while still being able to compete with most of strong lists floating around. 

Example of maelstrom objectives (they reset every round)

Control your own objective by the end of the turn
Controll your opponents objective by the end of your turn
Have a minimum of 2 units within 3 inches of the center of the table
Kill an enemy unit with shooting
Kill an enemy unit in close combat
Have a unit completely inside your enemies deploymentzone

Maelstrom will change depending on eternal war mission, for example the kill point EW mission will be more objective oriented. I have around 11 games tested with the list, making some small adjustments along the way.

It seems to work very well in maelstrom, even against the new SM battle company. Flyrant spam (5) is quite even.  Necron decurion is very mangable. One knight is fine, but multiple knights will hurt,  but they will struggle with maelstrom and many of the eternal war missions. The new DA is managble due to 2+/3+ jink and having assault to counter their cover saves. I'm worried about certain Eldar lists. It really comes down to what kind of list they bring and if i can get ignore cover on cents. Since the primary missions are both 4 points it often comes down to first blood, or winning maelstrom and contesting eternal war mission. 

The list is built around Vertias Vitae in a CAD (two-rerollable strategic traits) and skilled rider/hit&run (White Scar chapter tactics) both conferring to BA units. The main trait goal is stealth ruins so all scouts get 2+ cover going to ground  (in ruins), bikes get 2+ jink (with only one bike touching the ruin base) and Mephiston gets a 3+ cover in ruins. The two assault squads in Rhinos are mainly for maelstrom as they count as 2 units, since many of the maelstroms require multiple units in a certain area. The Rhino gives them the needed mobilty.

In the new SM books centurions and terminators with WS chapter tactic also get hit&run. Considering the unit has split fire, you can fire all 15 grav at one target while Meph splitfires and may assault another. H&R keeps them away from tarpit and Meph brings a melee precence vs most targets. making the unit very flexible.

CAD
HQ Priest, veritas, bike, auspex
HQ Captain, bike, claw, fist
Troop 5 Scout
Troop 5 Scout

Fleshtearer
HQ Chappie, bike
HQ Meph
Troop 5 Scout
Fast Pod
Fast 5 ASM Rhino, Dozer blade, 2 plasmagun
Fast 5 ASM Rhino, Dozer blade, 2 plasmagun
Fast 7 bikes 2 grav

Allied
HQ Chapter Master, eternal, fist, bike
Heavy Cents
Troop 3 bikes 2 melta

It's abit HQ heavy, 4 in the bikestar. They often split off turn 4 to secure objectives. I have tried without the chaplain, but multiassaulting works so much better with him there. The captain is there to tank and also help with multi assault. 

I'll try to get some batreps up in a few weeks when the tournament is over. Met many new players doing practice matches and everyone have been a class act. The community being so solid has really got me pumped for playing more 40k. I have to say, i'm also really looking forward to playing some more fluffy pure BA games too, the Cents feel kinda dirty. Next project is going to be an almost pure mech list supported by Death Company.

I tried a ML2 libby for a couple of games, but i prefer the captain for 2+ in close combat and the times i dont have stealth ruins. The libby is so much weaker when splitting off when the game is ending. And for multi assaults, which is my bread and butter i still have 8 fist attacks + the maul with re-rolls. I initially thought of replacing chappie for libby, but losing zealot and casting two prescience seems like a long shot. 

Archived