Buying a Fire raptor for "count as" storm raven thoughts?

Sn4k30r

What formation is this? I've not seen it before - whatever it is it sounds awesome!

From what I hear the Raptor is one of the best gunboats in the game bar none with all of it's anti-everything guns and being able to target different things.

Word of warning though, apparently the thing is a total hell to assemble, but best of luck!

The Fire Raptor shares the same chassis as the Strom Eagle and this is slightly larger than the Storm Raven.

Shouldn't be a problem with your opponent's consent.

What formation is this? I've not seen it before - whatever it is it sounds awesome!

From what I hear the Raptor is one of the best gunboats in the game bar none with all of it's anti-everything guns and being able to target different things.

Word of warning though, apparently the thing is a total hell to assemble, but best of luck!

He's referring to our three Storm Raven Formation :)

yeah, just i like more the fire raptor than Storm eagle even if i know Storm eagle is more accurate count as Storm raven due to transport capacity plus its  hull design is similar almost, just i like the raptor more :) since the army is gonna be in Iron warriors colors :D

I have a question of similar type. If I buy a Storm Eagle can I use it as a counts as fire raptor for next years ETL?

I think you can "counts as" a model of lower point cost, but not one of higher. Which makes sense, as then every tactical marine would count as Dante.

As long as you're not transporting anything out of the Fire Raptor one, I'd be cool with it.

I know you're supposed to do disembarking from the base of a flyer in the rules, BUT... come on. Anytime you have quad-bolters (or even the Hurricane Bolters of a Stormraven) are people moving the guns to one side to jump out or something?

I'd magnetize the heavy bolters and pay for hurricane bolters on the roster sheet for the Stormraven. Then it's almost 1 for 1 weapon parity and not too confusing.

Anytime you have quad-bolters (or even the Hurricane Bolters of a Stormraven) are people moving the guns to one side to jump out or something?

I think in the latest edition, the HBolters actually replace the exit doors in the rules.

Archived