Space marine chaplain largescale sculpt

cassar

Sculpt it?  NO!  I want to ANIMATE it!

Is that the ZBrush rendering of it?  

It would kill a 3d printer  :D

Good luck with the sculpt.  What scale with the figure be  (and height in inches approx.) ?

Yes, it looks bad at the start.. but it's not.    It's the same rough shaping I have done with 3D figures.

And i'm loving the nostalgian of "putty around tinfoil ball" part of the process.

What happens to your works after you complete them, sir?

Yes, it looks bad at the start.. but it's not.    It's the same rough shaping I have done with 3D figures.

And i'm loving the nostalgian of "putty around tinfoil ball" part of the process.

What happens to your works after you complete them, sir?

well usually I work on a commission basis but there's nothing on at the moment so I guess I'm just keeping my eye in. Once its built if someone doesn't buy it then it will probably sit in my workshop along side the ultramarine terminator, Magnus the traitor a dreadnought and a few other bits n bobs. (put the link up to the gallery as you suggested)

yep its z brush and the sculpt will be around 10" 12" in height

That is about 4" larger than the Forgeworld Space Marine.

yup should be roughly that depends how the build progresses as its all done eye to hand.

Oh, in a prior thread, I see you use Miliput for sculpting.

I want to suggest another two-part epoxy.   I found it in auto-motive section at a truck stop.   I think it's sold for patching leaks in high pressure hoses.  It's grey and brown colors and when mixed up, it seems to have a metallic quantity to it.  It dries very very hard, so when filing to a crisp edge, it wont flake.  Gives a Dremel a good workout to carve in details too.  :D 

I dont know if you work for a uniform color, in the final product.   Maybe it's not the right product for you?   But for bits that dangle, that one doesnt want broke off, and for sharp beveled surfaces, there is nothing finer in my toolbox.

Do you cast your works, after they are done, to make extra models?

Done some progress on the head, i have decided that due to th extreme detailing i am going to do the head/cables set up as one component that way i can do the cables etc and have it all finished up and therefore a base for the scale of the rest of the body

i love this sculpt already!!!

i just have one tiny point of critisism, the skull looks too 'happy' in my opinion, not menacing and judgemental enough. 

that being said, mad respect to you and your skills, i'll be following this thread closely.

Archived