Which successor chapter for Space Hulk?

Foxbat

So it's high time I attempt to put some paint on my Space Hulk terminators...I do not want to paint them as regular Blood Angels, I'm one of those people who have to be different just for sake of different. My original idea was to paint them as Flesh Tearers, but their colour scheme is quite dark, and since Space Hulk tiles are dark, I am afraid this will make them appear too drab. Sure I can find good looking examples from internet, but that is just my impression. So what other nice looking BA successors are there?

-Lamenters...I don't like painting checkerboard and also, their iconography is bit different from BA. OTOH I do have small Lamenters fleet for BFG on the works so this would fit well thematically.

-Angels Vermillion. Also bit too dark maybe?

-Blood Drinkers. This looks viable but iconography is again somewhat different?

-Knights of Blood. Now this would be straight outta left field.

-what others?

If you want to do some brighter red and enjoy their original coloration, you could paint the Angels Encarmine with their vermillion coloration and yellow accents (I personally don't like this color and think it is silly with the name, so I paint them a deeper carmine with bright-ish yellow accents).

Or if you want some white, you could paint them up as Carmine Blades.

The Blood Legion would be a pain to paint, with their diagonal red and blue tiger stripes.

The Red Wings are pale snow and ruby (and since there aren't any directly painted canon images that I can find, you can basically make up the scheme).

Have you considered a DIY Blood Angels Legion Successor? You could pick a color that appeals to you and simply use the standard Blood Angels iconography (similar to how the Crimson Fists use the same icon as the Imperial Fists Legion while using completely different colors). The official Blood Angels Successors are listed here (and you can also see some DIYs). Perhaps you have the core for the Knights Encarmine (I just made that name up ;) ) or the Crimson Knights (another name I just made up) or the [insert cool name here] Chapter.

Archived