Dornian Heresy

Brother Raul

Is anyone else offended by the Dorian Heresy?

Nope. My advice to you would be to ignore it if you find that it offends you. To some, the possibility of the Blood Angels turning to someone other than Khorne is worth exploring and Aurelius Rex decided that Nurgle was going to be the patron to the BA. Getting offended over it is just a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Edit - typo.

I found it an interesting idea, but it wasn't my thing, so I've not had anything to do with it for a while. The idea of the diseased vampire rather than the frothing madman was a neat change, really.

And as for the Blood Angels being more likely to fall to Khorne? I say PAH. The Blood Angels would NEVER fall! Not to Khorne, not to Nurgle. One is just as unlikely as another! :P

I found it an interesting idea, but it wasn't my thing, so I've not had anything to do with it for a while. The idea of the diseased vampire rather than the frothing madman was a neat change, really.

And as for the Blood Angels being more likely to fall to Khorne? I say PAH. The Blood Angels would NEVER fall! Not to Khorne, not to Nurgle. One is just as unlikely as another! tongue.png

I very much agree with this. The promise of one chaos god is just as good to a man as the promise of another. Linking BA with Khorne is just the easy way to have two sides of the same coin. But you are completely right that any Legion can be paired in such a way with any of the gods.

I'm a fan of it! I wasn't at first though, nurgle seemed an odd choice but once I got reading into it a little it seemed to be a good fit. The thing I like is besides falling we also go from master artisans with beautiful wargear to being badly undersupplied to the point that deals must be made with daemons to keep the legion operational. We also get a Sanguinius who hates the emperor more than Angron does in the real timeline! For blood and Sanguinius!

And as for the Blood Angels being more likely to fall to Khorne? I say PAH. The Blood Angels would NEVER fall! Not to Khorne, not to Nurgle. One is just as unlikely as another! tongue.png

I agree, in my opinion the "Diseased Vampire" angle was very original and rather refreshing compared to the more commonplace idea that we'd OBVIOUSLY fall to Khorne (which honestly I felt was rather unimaginative and on the nose "dur-hur, we have blood in our name, we MUST serve the Blood God!").

In my eyes the Blood Angels have always had the capacity to fall to any one of the Chaos Gods; Khorne for the bloodlust and savage rage within, Nurgle for the creeping despair regarding the Flaw and the knowledge that all their beautiful works of art will one day decay into nothingness, Slaanesh for that artistic drive and desire for aesthetic excellence and finally Tzeentch for the heightened psychic talent in the Sanguinius gene-line even amongst non-psykers with the Far-Seeing Eye.

With all these potential vectors for corruption coupled with the ingrained threat of the Flaw it makes it all the more noteworthy that so few marines amongst the Blood Angels & their successors have fallen to Chaos, it's been 10,000 years since the Heresy and the worst threat to their loyalty is still their gene-flaw rather than the lure of Chaos. If that doesn't speak volumes of their nobility and loyalty then I don't know what does.

I like alt reality concepts, so I find the Dornian Heresy idea quite interesting. I'm really going to have to read it at some point.

As for the fall to Nurgle, I agree that it's at least not the obvious Khorne angle and Sanguinius Reborn is right that the traits of the BA mean we could fall to any of the gods and it's a testament to the legion/chapter that more BA marines haven't /didn't fall in the proper 40k timeline.

D

Archived