Lion Strike Force + Deathwing Redemption Force Rules

Lord Kasalladalla

If I include a Demi-Co & a Deathwing Redempt force, do all forces (deathwing & Demi-co) get full BS during overwatch?

Also, what is the difference between Deathwing Redempion Force and Deathwing Strike Force? I see the different rules, but can I exchange the Redempt Force rules with Strike force rules and keep my Lion BS during overwatch rule?

Finally with Lion Strike Force Demi-Co, does the Demi-Co obtain the objective secured rule in the formation section under the Battle Demi-Co?

Thank you for help.

The DWRF can fit into the lion blade so yes it overwatch at full BS.  DWSF is a separated detachment and does not fire at full BS since it's not part of the LB.  Also, if you go  DWSF, you will need an auxiliary formation with your Demi Company to make it a LB detachment.

I've seen heavies shooting out of rhino hatches before.  I'll gladly stand corrected on this, but I believe the Relentless rule only overrides the restriction on moving and shooting heavy weapons for that specific unit. It does not remove the restriction that a vehicle moving at cruising speed can only fire snap shots. They are are separate restrictions.  So yes, you can shoot with your heavy and trooper out of a hatch, but only snap shots.

Glory unto wrath brothers...

I've seen heavies shooting out of rhino hatches before.  I'll gladly stand corrected on this, but I believe the Relentless rule only overrides the restriction on moving and shooting heavy weapons for that specific unit. It does not remove the restriction that a vehicle moving at cruising speed can only fire snap shots. They are are separate restrictions.  So yes, you can shoot with your heavy and trooper out of a hatch, but only snap shots.

I would think that the vehicle would snap fire, but the relentless unit inside would fire full BS. But I could be wrong.

I would think that the vehicle would snap fire, but the relentless unit inside would fire full BS. But I could be wrong.

I think the relentless unit is free to fire full BS regardless of the vehicle's speed besides moving flat out. Flat out stops hatch shooting. I just noticed this strategy of a heavy plasma in an HQ unit riding in a rhino essentially becoming a razorback.

I think the relentless unit is free to fire full BS regardless of the vehicle's speed besides moving flat out. Flat out stops hatch shooting. I just noticed this strategy of a heavy plasma in an HQ unit riding in a rhino essentially becoming a razorback.

This is not what Relentless does. Relentless allows the unit to count as stationary for the purposes of firing certain weapons, and that is it for firing.  As such, the limitations for Transports and embarked untis being able to fire at all, and to what effect, are not ignored.  It is only that the weapons designated under Relentless (heavy, salvo, ordnance) get to fire as if they were stationary (i.e. at full BS, full shots for salvo, etc.)... if they could still normally fire  that is.  So, a Relentless unit in a vehicle moving at combat speed allows full BS and # of shots as for a stationary unit for heavy/ordanance/salvo weapons, but firing at Cruising Speed still turns any unit's (even a Relentless one's) shots into Snap Shots (i.e. BS 1).  Nobody gets to fire if the vehicle moves Flat Out of course.

Archived