orbital assault

Lanky27

just chasing some advice on a list as i dont have any gaming experience, meant to be fluffy but also don't want to get tabled.

Shabran Darr - 115

Apothecary - artificer armour - 55

Contemptor Mortis - dual kheres assault cannon, dreadnought drop pod - 245

tactical marines(10) - vexilia, power fist, artificer armour - 220

dedicated drop pod transport

tactical marines(10) - vexilia, power fist, artificer armour - 220

dedicated drop pod transport

tactical marines(18) - extra ccw, vexilia, nuncio vox, power fist, artificer armour - 311

deathstorm drop pod - krak launchers, assault rule - 145

deathstorm drop pod - krak launchers, assault rule - 145

deathstorm drop pod - assault rule - 115

kharybdis assault claw - 260

Tactics would be to drop the deathstorms and kharybdis on the first turn in an attempt to neutralise important targets like deathstar transports and open a space for the rest of the pods. Then the smaller tactical squads can drop onto objectives or reinforce the main squad and the contemptor is anti flyer. I'm not sure if the krak launching deathstorms are enough anti armour or is there better ideas?

Also i want to write a 2500 and 3000pt list aswell and was thinking more dreads in pods, destroyer unit in pod and/ or sub orbital strike force with primaris lightning strike fighters?

Shabran Darr does not have Master of the Legion as so cant take the a Rite of War, you need a praetor

Apothecary-Great

Dread-Great  but only has 24 inch so fliers may be able to avoid you maybe Autocannons

The Deathstorm and khryibdis will struggle to open transports swap a tac squad for support squad with melta, they can still hold objectives

upgrade all sergeants to take melta bombs

just some hints but its up to you

if you havent already try joining the Australian 30k Community of Facebook, queensland has a thriving community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1439167152988455/

Archived