Ragnar Blackmane (yeah you read it right)

lost_angel

I read the excerpt ...

... and I found myself hoping that "ordinary line Sergeant" who calls Ragnar out to a duel to the death ends up being some secret Inner Circle guy, like Seraphiel or Nestor. I love the idea of the "Sergeant" beating Ragnar badly but letting him live to ponder on his shame. There would be an interesting duality to that: Ragnar violated a duel to the first blood by losing control and killing the victor; the "Sergeant" violates a duel to the death by letting Ragnar live.

Obviously that won't happen... but I really liked how the Dark Angels were depicted. That Sergeant, especially, was the epitome of what I imagine a Dark Angel to be: solemn, stoic, reserved, and serene... but just the right amount of haughty and disgusted by the Space Wolves' conduct.

Depends. Some Limited Editions have been re-released as eBooks over a year after the initial run, but Talon of Horus came out as an eBook just months afterward.

I genuinely think it has to do with how well the L.E. sold. Some - those that didn't turn a lot of heads to begin with - take a quarter or even half a year to sell out. It took even longer after that for them to come out as eBooks because (this is my guess) Black Library doesn't want to take a loss on what were almost certainly expensively-made products. Aaron Dembski-Bowden being a popular author, his writing being very good, and the subject matter resonating with a wide pool of 40k aficionados (Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Flesh Tearers, the Thirteenth Black Crusade, etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if this one flies off the shelf and an eBook is available in time for Christmas.

I wonder if the book will have original members of the Lion's Pride team?  I quite liked Jeremiah; I am curious to see if ADB does something interesting with them.  But definitely not for $80, that's far too rich for my blood. 

Depends. Some Limited Editions have been re-released as eBooks over a year after the initial run, but Talon of Horus came out as an eBook just months afterward.

I genuinely think it has to do with how well the L.E. sold. Some - those that didn't turn a lot of heads to begin with - take a quarter or even half a year to sell out. It took even longer after that for them to come out as eBooks because (this is my guess) Black Library doesn't want to take a loss on what were almost certainly expensively-made products. Aaron Dembski-Bowden being a popular author, his writing being very good, and the subject matter resonating with a wide pool of 40k aficionados (Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Flesh Tearers, the Thirteenth Black Crusade, etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if this one flies off the shelf and an eBook is available in time for Christmas.

Black Library said themselves it won't be available for at least a year in any other format, unfortunately. 

I read the excerpt ...

... and I found myself hoping that "ordinary line Sergeant" who calls Ragnar out to a duel to the death ends up being some secret Inner Circle guy, like Seraphiel or Nestor. I love the idea of the "Sergeant" beating Ragnar badly but letting him live to ponder on his shame. There would be an interesting duality to that: Ragnar violated a duel to the first blood by losing control and killing the victor; the "Sergeant" violates a duel to the death by letting Ragnar live.

Obviously that won't happen... but I really liked how the Dark Angels were depicted. That Sergeant, especially, was the epitome of what I imagine a Dark Angel to be: solemn, stoic, reserved, and serene... but just the right amount of haughty and disgusted by the Space Wolves' conduct.

Thats a great idea

Archived