Dosjetka's Works In Progress

Dosjetka

Welcome back! The marine is looking really promising so far. Which chapter is he going to be from? Blood Angels (or a successor), Exorcists?

Ps. good to see a combination of armour Mks. The MkII legs look great :tu:

Looks very good.

That's a lovely red.

Might I ask the recipe?

Thanks! I'm not sure I remember the recipe, so I'll need to test what I have from memory before I give anything away :sweat:

Nice start. Looking good so far.

I take it you're doing Blood Angels?

Thank you, but no, not Blood Angels. Genesis Chapter.

Looking good, great colour.

Thank you!

Welcome back! The marine is looking really promising so far. Which chapter is he going to be from? Blood Angels (or a successor), Exorcists?

Ps. good to see a combination of armour Mks. The MkII legs look great thumbsup.gif

Thanks kizz, feels good to be back on track (more or less). Nope and nope :P

As for the combination of armour marks, you can actually thank Tyrannicide and others for the inspiration!

That is a lovely red. Castigator-esque, even!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. You seem to shift project concepts very regularly!

Thank you! And yes, the resemblance to "Castigator red" is uncanny.

I do jump around a lot. At least people don't complain too much ;)

Lovely crisp, smooth colour there, if you remember the recipe I'd love to hear it (hate painting red).

Thanks! And yes, as soon as I have the recipe nailed down, I'll make sure I post it up smile.png

As the others have said - that's a really nice rich red you've got there Dosjetka - when you do remember the recipe I'd be very interested to see it.

Thank you! It's a tad brighter in the picture than it is IRL, but the picture below should give you a better idea.

Very nice red you have their. Have a soft spot for the Genisis Chapter so will happily watch this develop.

Cheers, mate smile.png And I'll happily provide models for your viewing pleasure tongue.png

+ + + +

Right, this is a picture of the very first Genesis model I painted back in Spring 2014. It should give you a good idea of what I'm going for!

gallery_45765_9166_196874.pnggallery_45765_9166_5333.png

Close-up of the Chapter symbol:

gallery_45765_9166_2579.png

• 2 weeks later...

MagicMan & mactire: Thanks to you both!

Right, so back from a lovely holiday, ready to tackle some hobby-related projects! I don't have anything to show right now, but should have something to post by the end of the week :)

Oh, and I might have gotten my hands on one of these, for no other reason than really, really liking the model...

med_gallery_45765_10052_93798.jpg

Heh :sweat:

Hydra & SW1: The box is intended as being a limited edition, but there are still plenty left (even a few on the GW website).

Bloodbath: Cheers dude :)

GrandMagnus: Thanks mate! I think I've got the red figured out once more, so it won't be long!

KotR: Thank you! Without wanting to show off or anything, I'm still surprised at how accurately I modelled him to be throwing that 'nade (especially now that I've actually seen people throw grenades of various types) just by kitbashing bits I had lying around.

Starting uni has sucked up quite a bit of my time, but I've got a three-day weekend in front of me now, so I hope to get a few hobby-related things done.

I do need your opinion on a little something that I threw together just now:

med_gallery_45765_9166_11422.png

Do you think it's a fitting weapon for one of the Laughing Axemen (specifically a Captain)?

Have you decided how you're going to do the basing yet?

No, not yet. Basing is definitely a weak spot of mine.

Archived