Dosjetka's Works In Progress

Dosjetka

Thanks for the feedback, you two. The Veteran Sergeant is undergoing some changes, I should have some new pictures to show by the end of the week.

For now, the Culexus Assassin I mentioned a few posts back turned up today and I've already set about (carefully) removing the bits off the sprue, removing the mold lines and assembling him. Current state:

med_gallery_45765_10052_40019.png

He's headless, but he ain't 'armless :P

Terrible puns aside, I'm also trying to nail down a good red recipe for the Blood Angels I'll be painting for Rage to Salvation over on the Blood Angels subforum. The first test model was not particularly successful, but now I have a few ideas about how I'll tackle the next test model. Hopefully the results will be more conclusive :)

Anyway, that's it for tonight. Next update on Friday!

Now, attached to a body:

med_gallery_45765_10301_93211.png

And accompanied by a soon-to-be Blood Angels Veteran Sergeant:

med_gallery_45765_10301_7862.png

Love the head (where is it from) and the posing. For whatever reason the legs look short on the second model. Can't put my finger on it.

Now, attached to a body:

med_gallery_45765_10301_93211.png

And accompanied by a soon-to-be Blood Angels Veteran Sergeant:

med_gallery_45765_10301_7862.png

Love the head (where is it from) and the posing. For whatever reason the legs look short on the second model. Can't put my finger on it.

The heads too big so it looks like the rest of the models out of proportion. Block out the head from the pic and it looks fine.

As others have said, goodness that is a solid shade of red, applied in a talented and understated way. Power-armored velvet, that guy.

Loving the rest of the models, too. Clean, subtle and completely effective. Nice job.

Got another Blood Angel built this morning. I've spent about 1.5 hours building this chap, tweaking the pose to make sure it made sense and reflected what I had in mind. Almost drove me mad :lol:

med_gallery_45765_11327_49966.jpg

A side view, with boltgun temporarily added:

med_gallery_45765_11327_82886.jpg

And, just because I love the picture and am proud of the pose I managed to give to these two chaps, some good ol' suppressive fire:

med_gallery_45765_11327_78703.jpg

I want two of those, one to build as normal and one to convert....

Haha, same here, but alas it probably won't happen.

Great start! The painted model looks fantastic!

Thanks!

Awesome! The marines look fantastic and I'm excited about the assassins. I've got the game sitting on my shelf. I'm too afraid to assemble the assassins however.

Definitely looking forward to more progress!

Thank you! And don't be afraid, just take your time :)

As mentioned below, it's from the Phalanx Warders kit, from Forge World. The Vet Sergeant is in pieces again, waiting for inspiration to strike again ;)

The heads too big so it looks like the rest of the models out of proportion. Block out the head from the pic and it looks fine.

Hum. Will look into it. Thanks for the feedback though!

Is that head from the Polloux kit? It does look a little on the big side.

See above!

I see it now,is it just because the blue tack or do you have to trim the bottom of it a bit

Not sure, will have another go at it soon!

As others have said, goodness that is a solid shade of red, applied in a talented and understated way. Power-armored velvet, that guy.

Loving the rest of the models, too. Clean, subtle and completely effective. Nice job.

Thanks Lexington :) Much appreciated!

I received a padded envelope yesterday containing a few small things from Anvil Industry. I ordered some reflex sights and various ammo mags. I got to work this morning cleaning them up and have tried out the reflex sights on a boltgun. I'm happy with the look but am unsure of the orientation it should be in (as I have seen them put both ways after searching for pictures). Anyway, here's a couple of pictures to illustrate what I mean:

med_gallery_45765_11327_36190.pngmed_gallery_45765_11327_62376.png

I think that the left one looks better and might make more sense, but I'd like a second opinion :)

med_gallery_45765_11327_33459.pngmed_gallery_45765_11327_55830.png

Thoughts? I think it looks rather decent, as is.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Left is the same way I built the reflex sight on my Vall character's rifle.

I've seen a few pictures of rifles online where the sight is mounted as it is on the left, but apparently, that's incorrect/not as a effective.

In the real world, the lense goes at the front.

Right, thanks!

Pretty conversions, love the ability for interchangeability throughout the SM range.

Thank you, same here :)

Don't think it matters as long as all models in the army use the same orientation. Both look good IMO.

However what would look daft is a mix of the two. msn-wink.gif

Yeah, mixing and matching the orientation would look off.

Me likey! The Angels looking like Expert sharpshooters with those poses.

Thanks! I'm glad I've managed to convey that impression :)

Unfortunately, no complete board-allowed models to share. However, I attempted the cool metallic reflection-thing on a sword for the first time this evening and would appreciate some feedback on it, as it's fairly tricky to get right (though the picture is terrible, so I doubt I'll get any meaningful advice because of it. I really should use my proper camera again).

http://i.imgur.com/OKpUAHa.jpg?1

The idea is that I use this technique more often and when I'm painting power swords, etc.

Sorry, mate-- I would love to give you some better feedback but it is hard with the picture.

One thing I would say is that you need a cleaner line down the middle of the sword, so that there is a sharp differentiation between the two sides.

I use a piece of masking-type tape, personally. 

Archived