3.5k World Eaters

Twizted86

←  The Army List Forum

Heresy 30K

»

3.5k World Eaters

Like ThisTwizted8628 Aug 2015

This is the World Eater's army I'm working on. My local store has been wanting to do an Istavaan Campaign so I want to have some options. I know there is at least one Knight army and another Mechanicus army in addtion to other legions. Let me know what you think! I don't have a lot of experience so any advice is appreciated.

Angron

*in Spartan

Khârn the Bloody

*in Storm Eagle

Legion Centurion - Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Caedere Weapon (Twin Falax Blades), Consul (Legion Champion)

*w/ Tac Squad

18 Legion Tactical Squad - Legion Vexilla,Nuncio-Vox, Chain Axes, Sergeant w/ Artificer Armour, Power Fist

*in Storm Eagle

15 Legion Tactical Squad - Legion Vexilla,Nuncio-Vox, Chain Axes, Sergeant w/ Artificer Armour, Power Axe

15 Legion Tactical Squad - Legion Vexilla,Nuncio-Vox, Chain Axes, Sergeant w/ Artificer Armour, Power Sword

Apothecarion Detachment

····Legion Apothecary - Artificer Armour

*1 for each Tactical Squad

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought - Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons w/ Heavy Flamers

10 Rampager Squads - 2x Excoriator Chainaxe, 4x Meteor Hammer, 9x Rampagers, 3x Twin Falax Blades, Sergeant w/ Artificer Armour, Power Fist

*in Dreadclaw

6 Red Butchers - 5x Second Power Axe, Devoured w/ Dual Chainfists

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank - Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield

4 Outriders - 1 Power Axe, Sergeant w/ Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship - Twin-linked Multi-melta

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannons

Total

I assume you're running the "Berserker Assault" Rite of War? Looks pretty good - mechanised World Eaters is the only way if you ask me!

A few suggestion:

- You don't need frag assault launchers on the Spartan, as Angron already has frag grenades and the Red Butchers are hitting at Initiative 1 anyway.

- Hellfire missiles on the Storm Eagle are a bad idea usually, as they're Ordnance and make everything else snap fire.

- 18 Tacticals, an Apothecary, Khârn and the Champion are 1 model too many for the Storm Eagle (unless the Champion goes with another Tac squad). Why are you taking a Champion anyway? It's probably the weakest Consul in the game and doesn't really do much for the list.

- Contemptors with dual Graviton guns are awesome. Maybe consider swapping out the heavy flamers.

- With a few adjustments, you should be able to afford a Deredeo for some sweet anti-air defence.

The unit choices you've made are perfectly fine - just look at some of the upgrades! :)

Thanks for the info! I'll drop the frags and missles. The champion is supposed to go with another Tac unit not in the Storm Eagle. The only reason I have him is because I thought it would be a good fluff choice but I am open to other ideas. The small Tac squads are supposed to be 16 strong. I'll fix that.

Edit - I went back and looked at the options and found some room for Outriders.

Archived