Land Raiders...are they worth it?

Indefragable

The ones he refers to, I think, are the PromethLand Raider and the Damocles Rhino, both of which are in the updated I A: 2, I believe.

Sadly no, earlier in the year GW Released these:

http://www.war-gamer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/57-1.jpg

You can only buy them at Warhammer World in Nottingham - they have some pretty hefty rules and are fieleded as the pair for a HQ choice at about 400 points.

Rules, to summarise:

Rhino Primaris - Gives access to another source for a one-use 7" Blast Orbital Strike, and has a fancy Servo-skull hub which can either grant a unit within 12" Snap-shots (including overwatch) at full Ballistic Skill (Giving that OP Invisibility the middle finger), restore a nearby vehicle's hull point on a 2+, or give said unit Fearless. Also, you can co-ordinate Reinforcements by selecting a unit held in reserves to automatically come on.

Land Raider Excelsior - Comes with a Grav-cannon and Grav-amp for those re-rolls to wound and immobilize and lascannon sponsons. Also has a 6+ Invuln and ignores Crew Shaken/Stunned results. Also can grant a single unit in 12" (which can be boosted to 18" for 10 points) one of a huge selection of special rules for the turn (Counter-Attack, Fearless, Hit & Run, Interceptor, Preferred Enemy, Skyfire, Split Fire, or Tank Hunter), and gets +1 BS if a Rhino Primaris is within 24".

Very versatile, offering a hell of a lot of buffs - but at a price!

So as promised I got my highlander game in last night. I have to say I love this format the lists felt fluffy and weren't spammy at all I ran a meched up list with 10 cc scouts in a crusader and 15 death company with bolters and three powerfists with astorath jumping alongside. Firstly the land raider remained very resilient (against orcs) until turn 6 when a klawnob got into assault. The raider earned its points and some taking the final hull point off a gorka and in general it was a great distraction unit allowing my two scouts hiding under the corpses of dead killa kans to win me the game 13-11 BA. I'll try to do a more detailed write up after work for those interested.

So as promised I got my highlander game in last night. I have to say I love this format the lists felt fluffy and weren't spammy at all I ran a meched up list with 10 cc scouts in a crusader and 15 death company with bolters and three powerfists with astorath jumping alongside. Firstly the land raider remained very resilient (against orcs) until turn 6 when a klawnob got into assault. The raider earned its points and some taking the final hull point off a gorka and in general it was a great distraction unit allowing my two scouts hiding under the corpses of dead killa kans to win me the game 13-11 BA. I'll try to do a more detailed write up after work for those interested.

I for one am interested.

D

Archived