The Hawkshrouds of Boar's Rock - A Knight Titan Project log

Macloren

Looks lovely. This has been a really fun project to watch unfold. The leg reposing, in particular, goes such a long way to making these look like war engines rather than standardised model kits, but the heraldry, background and colour scheme is just lovely. The little Armigers are going to be a great addition – looking forward to seeing the lances with the cabling in place (Deathcat147 is the chap you mention, by the way; great idea, and you've put a lovely personal twist on it). I'm not sure on scale, but you might find the Sector Mechanicus kits are a good source of cables that might be useful for sturdiness?

@Apologist: thanks man! I’m pretty happy with how the positioning of the legs has worked out, the fact that the Armigers kit has more possibilities for the positioning as standard fills me with joy! :-D Glad you like my lore pieces, that means a lot coming from you. Also cheers for pointing me in the direction of Deathcat, I was super inspired by his conversion, though mine aren’t gonna be as grimdark as his!

@Reinhard: Next time I’m at my desk I’ll grab a pic or two of the model all together. The lance does feel a little front heavy, but I figure that a chainlance isn’t gonna be a subtle weapon! :-) I’m gonna add all the cables and stuff which will hopefully add some thickness to the lance shaft.

I’ve been calling this a Chainlance, but a friend of mine pointed out today that really a Chain-halberd is more accurate, and actually more fitting for a Man-at-arms.

Anyway, I was fiddling with the build and I was struck by the thought that the spike in the tip of the haft wouldn’t ever get used given that the chain blade sticks out considerably further! So I’ve made some more modifications to Deathcat147’s original concept and incorporated the Meltagun into the tip of the halberd. I really like the idea of the Armiger (literally) softening up an armoured opponent with the melta as he closes then shredding them with the chain blade in a final charge.

So there we have it, the chain-melta-halberd-lance-thingy... or something.

3vmTr3f.jpg

Also as requested Reinhard, a collection of possible poses options of the whole Armiger.

mSUZq1R.jpg

I still haven’t made any progress on the face plate. :-(

The addition of the melta bit looks great – reminds me a little of the Custodes' guardian spears, which might have some cultural resonance for the pilots...?

The PCRC gang and I are heading over to Bristol for gaming this October; would be good to catch up with you and the PWD chaps :)

Archived