Question about Warlord Traits

LutherMax

Oh right, but I guess you could have Dante (DoA trait) but also take a Priest, Libby or Chaplain, make them Warlord and give them the Veritas for a total of THREE traits?

Not sure how excited I am by that, the only trait I've ever found remotely useful is the Infiltrate one. DoA could be useful of course if you're using jump troops in Reserve.

Oh yeah, doh!

But still, making another HQ Warlord and giving him the VV is useful if you're not making use of Reserves and therefore rendering Dante's trait useless.

Only thing is you're more likely to give away Slay the Warlord. Any other disadvantes to Dante not being Warlord?

Depends how you play. I often run a Chaplain with the VV and Dante in the same list, but it's because that list isn't built around precision reserves. I rarely lose my Chaplain as Dante will accept challenges and sponge high S low ap shots, and when Dante dies you can still LoS onto the DC who have FnP for anything <S8.

The nice thing about named characters with specific traits is you can build your list around a guaranteed boon, Dante is probably the best example of this with DoA.

D

Archived