dark angels sweep the NOVA open

aura_enchanted

I watched a couple of Aarons games, and was pretty excited to see him do so well with angels on the board. He was summoning quite a bit, juggers and khorne dogs, but the missions were weighted so that summoned units couldn't score.

I played against a similar list, and it was really brutal. There were so many dark angels at the event, it was like every other table had black knights... Only saw a couple all da lists, and even mine was an iron hands/da combo...

~sigh~  So sad...I remember joking about the heresy involved in Ezekiel taking malefic daemonology.  How bad is 40k broken when that's not even a joke anymore?  It's gotten to a point where spamming daemons is necessary (but not sufficient) to have any chance at victory.  If summoning were just an easy button, ok, but can you make the top tier at a GT without spamming daemons in a list that has no business doing so?  I mean...DA...spamming crushers and puppies...~shudder~  

I see an easy partial fix, though...you have to have daemons or CSD on the table in order to unlock access to malefic daemonology.  That forces you to at least ally some in...then, when everyone has a standard ally of two units of pink horrors batteries and fateweaver as allies in every list they field, GW will finally realize how stupid this is and, after the fateweaver sales die down, will fix the actual problem.  In the interim, my ally of a GKL and five strikes is looking better and better...

Summoning seems to be REALLY big. After all, to spend about 200 points and be able to summon 150+ points PER TURN is pretty big. Again, one of the reasons ive said th 7th edition psychic phase is one of the killers of this game.

Its similar to the Necrons reanimation protocols, when almost your entire army has a ballpark 30% chance to come bag from a wound regardless of how much they spent on their special weapons thats pretty big.

This list utilizes a very small portion of DA rules and exploits a very large number of gamewide rules (psychic phase, detachment, alliance etc. ).

Im a fan of net lists because they are actually play testing. When DA codex was "tested" i think its safe to say no one ever thought of this combo in their studio.

Archived