DA for my BA army

No ba

Hi I am a very new blood angel player but after looking more deeply into the 40k story I found myself really liking the dark angels. Anyway I just wanted to know if you guys think it is possible for a blood angel  and dark angel army as well as what sort of units I should use.

If I was going to get RW would it still be a good idea to get the dark vengeance set or would this be a waste of money? Also I find that the problem I am having in games is taking and holding objectives so would the RW help me with this?

They don't have objective secured but with their speed, rerollable jink and twin link bolters or plasma talons they have never let me down in objective games.

Da speeder can be amazing (ravenwing support squad ) and even our rw flyers are better now.

The dark talon went from laughing stock to almost must take

I saw it done once with the older rules. He used Deathwing with Belial to teleport to the rear of the table and used his very mobile Blood Angels to roll in to the enemy like a hammer and anvil. DW were the anvil and the BA were the hammer. His biggest weakness was he had nothing for flyers which at the time were very new to the game.

I saw it done once with the older rules. He used Deathwing with Belial to teleport to the rear of the table and used his very mobile Blood Angels to roll in to the enemy like a hammer and anvil. DW were the anvil and the BA were the hammer. His biggest weakness was he had nothing for flyers which at the time were very new to the game.

My blood angels are pretty mobile but I have no vehicles so a flyer is probably a good idea and RW are different to DW so don't know how that will work out.

What do you usually take? RW and DW both eat up a lot of points, so you are going to lose something in exchange for taking the DA units. If you already have high cost units (sanguinary guard, death company, terminators, etc) then it is going to be much more difficult to fit RW or DW into the list. You could take a demi-company for the BS3 overwatch and use it for fire support.

You may also want to look at the different RW/DW formations available, as well as the detachments. They don't require too much to take, and can allow you to run a supporting force that has (for example) Sammael and two Dark Talons.

Well this is my current army for 1000 points. I was thinking of going half BA and DA but I guess that doesn't work very well. So I would probably combine different formations or something to make an army but really I have no idea what I'm doing so any suggestions would be helpful.

Baal Strike force

HQs

-Librarian Gallian’s staff

Mastery level 2

Jump pack

-Sanguinary Priest

Jump pack

Troops

-Scouts

5 Snipers

-Tactical Squad

+5 Marines

Heavy flamer

Hand flamer

Flamer

Drop pod

Elites

-Sanguinary Guard

+1 Sanguinary Guard

7 Death masks

Power fist

-Death Company Squad

5 Jump packs

Power fist

Heavy Support

-Devastator Squad

2 Missile launchers

2 Flakk missile upgrades

2 Lascannons

Should also mention that I would be building this for 1500-2000points so there should be points for new stuff and changes to the BA army.

Well this is my current army for 1000 points. I was thinking of going half BA and DA but I guess that doesn't work very well. So I would probably combine different formations or something to make an army but really I have no idea what I'm doing so any suggestions would be helpful.

Baal Strike force

HQs

-Librarian Gallian’s staff

Mastery level 2

Jump pack

-Sanguinary Priest

Jump pack

Troops

-Scouts

5 Snipers

-Tactical Squad

+5 Marines

Heavy flamer

Hand flamer

Flamer

Drop pod

Elites

-Sanguinary Guard

+1 Sanguinary Guard

7 Death masks

Power fist

-Death Company Squad

5 Jump packs

Power fist

Heavy Support

-Devastator Squad

2 Missile launchers

2 Flakk missile upgrades

2 Lascannons

Should also mention that I would be building this for 1500-2000points so there should be points for new stuff and changes to the BA army.

Looks like you could use either a DW or RW detachment to bolster that. You could

A) Take Belial and two squads of deathwing. This ensures you have enough models on the table to survive until reserves arrive. The drop pod arrives the first turn and I believe all deep striking units can use it to prvent scattering.

B) Take Sammael and 2 - 3 dark talons/nephalim. You have very little anti-air, so you could use this to either protect from flyers or an excellent ground attack aircraft.

Alternatively you can stock up on tacticals and run a demi-company. This would give you two more tactical squads, another assault squad and another devastator squad, along with one more HQ unit. This would provide a good base of fire and an overwatch at BS3 to screen you BA.

Archived