Talon of Vengeance: Can it be taken with a Lion's Blade

lhavoc

I have been somewhat frustrated by the Ravenwing Silence Squadron requirement to take two Nephilims for each Dark Talon (Please make the Avenger Mega Boltter rending. Please!). However, while reading "Pandorax" I came across the Talon of Vengeance, which allows for up to 4 Dark Talons for each Nephilim. The special rules are different, but would allow me to take up to 4 Rift Cannons. So the question is, would this be a legitimate Detachment for a Lion's Blade Formation?

You could take your flyers as part of a RWSF. A would recommend Sableclaw and as many fliers as you have. The great thing is that all of them come in automatically on turn 2.

That is debatable since looking at the Space Marine Codex, Apocalypse formations are standard (DA Librarius Conclave, anyone?). Look at Linebreaker Squadrons, Whirlwind Interdiction Forces, etc. Now all Codex Compliant.

Here's the question I would say would help answer that "debate": Would you allow anyone you play against to use any Apocalypse formation they wanted to use against you in a game?

If the answer is Yes, they could use any Apocalypse formation against you, then I'd say you could probably play that formation in a game, provided you are up front about all these facts.

If your answer is No, then you probably shouldn't be trying to use something when you'd deny the same to someone else.

As it is, that particular formation isn't part of the Codex: DA, so it definitely wouldn't be considered a Codex formation, and No, it can't be used as part of a Lion's Blade.

Archived