BA and DA army

No ba

Hi I have recently been looking at all the different 40k factions and found that I really like the dark angels as well as the blood angels. My questions is can you have a army that is half BA and half DA and it still be effective? I posted the same question on the DA page and they said Raven Wing were a good combo but I am still not sure how well this would work.

Ravenwing work well as they bring premier bikers/ land speeders /shooting to accompany our premier jump and assault troops. Thier detachment means they can turbo boost first turn and then jink in the opponents to nullify a lot of damage without sacrificing next turn shooting. Theyre a great first wave in support of our great drop troops etc

Depends, DA are a little better on the defensive as they have high accuracy over watch shooting when charged.

The two armies do have some nice synergy though, as a general rule the DA shoot and the BA assault. But both have units in both category!

That sounds good as that is how I wanted to play also do you think it is worth getting dark vengeance? I have a spare rhino that the tact squad could use to get to an objective and camp it but I don't how good the other stuff would be compared to BA.

Dark Vengeance is a nice kit, but the units are a little lack luster in terms of a competitive army. It's only 3 normal bikes (not the more elite ones) without decent weapons (e.g. grav guns) and the shooty terminators are a bit pants too.

If anything I'd give the Rhino to BA as it gets the fast rule, so is just more useful overall - then again theres nothing stopping you getting a rhino with a fast attack choice and then putting a DA squad in it ;) !

Ravenwing. Darkshroud. +4 cover save plus cancels overwatch. Or deathwing 1st turn, dc charge 2nd!

Sadly DW can't arrive turn one anymore :( only 2 onwards in the latest codex.

What models do you have at the moment? Let us and know and have a think of how you want your army to look and we can all advise you on next purchases then!

Well I currently have 10 sanguinary guard, 5 DC, rhino, drop pod, SP with jump pack, lib with jump pack, tact squad with flamers, scout squad with snipers and a dev squad with ML. I would like the BA to be as melee based as possible and the DA to be mostly RW with a flyer but would like a little of their other stuff as well. FYI the BA is about a thousand points and I am planning to have the army reach 2000-2500 so there should be plenty of space.

Perfect starters then.

Personally I'd aim for the Ravenwing detachment, although it's not full necessary. Only problem here is that you have to use Sammael (either on Jet bike or landspeeder) and then you're limited to just RW, but the rules are ace.

Basically grab bikes, dark shrouds and the flyers (especially the stasis bomb one).

If not there are a couple of cool RW formations you could use.

Perfect starters then.

Personally I'd aim for the Ravenwing detachment, although it's not full necessary. Only problem here is that you have to use Sammael (either on Jet bike or landspeeder) and then you're limited to just RW, but the rules are ace.

Basically grab bikes, dark shrouds and the flyers (especially the stasis bomb one).

If not there are a couple of cool RW formations you could use.

Thanks you have really made this easier. I guess  I will get RW then but I will probably post an army list before buying just to see if I have made any mistakes

Archived