Dark Angels upgrades, what are you putting them on?

TheForgottenAngel

Hello fellow Dark Angels!

With the release of the upgrades (finally!) what are you putting them on? Are you going with the MkII examples that Forge World has? I'm curious if they will look good on MkIV and MkIII. The helmets look like they could go well with any of the currently released marks of armor but the torsos I feel could look off on MkIV and possobly MkIII. 

What are your thoughts? 

The helmet in the very center of the preview photo (with the cruciform decoration running down its middle) looks like it would be a great replacement for the Lion Helm (once you add wings to it, of course).

Emblem shoulder pad trims look bigger than normal crusade pads... nothing some sand paper or file cant fix though o.0

plate obviously on vets or character models I think... wouldn't want to cover them with the big boltgun.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources//fw_site/fw_blogs/2015/09/14/ERWQ8769LKJ/pic3_lrg.jpg

One of the people on the FW Team painted them up, finally, in their HH Scheme.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=3810577

I must say, these grow on me every time I see them. Especially seeing the pre-heresy paint scheme on them.

Seeing them painted really makes a difference, for the best. They look menacing, evil even!

I'd say this look would have a much greater psychological effect in combat than the current MK7/8 armor. I'd go so far as to say that armor setup should cause fear.

They do look good painted but I want them with white shoulder pads like the novel covers. Gives a little more distinction between all the black legions. And lots of heraldry. This is going to be fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question because I haven't used forgeworld stuff before. Do the FW shoulder pads match the GW ones enough that they will look ok? For example if I get some and put them on a command squad will the regular shoulder pad on the other side look funny?

Archived