Lost or Forgotten? – The Knights Templar

Crizza

Year, but minimizing the Grey knights similarities wouldn't be a Bad thing. So no red Weapons ;) how about blueish Or even netter yellow Eyes? Could alter the Look and give them a Special feeling cause yellow eyes are not that common

• 1 year later...

Holy moly,. quite some time and not much progress to show.
Tuesday will see a university deadline and I'm hellbent on painting again.
Have three breachers to show of and a first draft of my Preator before he went jumpack.
Guardian spears are way to huge for Astartes :D

So, today saw work on my Preator in Mk3 armor, breacher shield and guardian spear. Heck, the details are a pain to paint.
Other than that I painted a Cataphractii, good thing they got no powerpack, because I always forget to paint them :D
Pictures will follow tomorrow, when I glue the Preator and the Cata recieved his accents.

And I have some fluff about the Primarch in the tube.

So, all I maged today was to finish the Cata, finished as in not washed and highlightet.
What I don't get is etched brass. How am I supposed to get it tightly fitted in place?
Apart from that, I'm quite content with the Cataphractii and I'll go with his paintjob for the rest of the boys.
The Head of my preator, obviously the guy with the guardian spear, is not glued... yet.
Can't decide if he should look over his shield or to the other side :D

Termi front

Termi back

Sergeant fron

Sarge right

Sarge left

Preator Wip

So, a little thought of the Legion Structure and of characters I want to paint sooner or later, quite some work :D

2nd Legion Command Structure

Phearus, Legion Master/ Preator - Grandmaster of the 1st Chapter

• Hypocras, Primus Medica (Großspittler), Master of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Klepius, Secundus Medica
  • Hephaistus, Primus Ferrarius (Großdrapier), Master of the Forge
  • Ibelin, Secundus Ferrarius
  • Gregorious, Master of the Protectors, Honor Guard
  • Sorkath, Magister Librarius
  • Ariston, Sorkath’ second
  • Arnaud, High Chaplain

Aurilac, the Bulwark, Großkomtur - Master of the 2nd Chapter,
responsible for overseeing the Legions “treasure”/reliquary, after leaving Terra responsible for administration of Legion strongholds and their defense on newly acquired planets

Ragnar Arlion, Ragnar the red, Grand Marshal – Master of the 3rd Chapter

Malakai, the Anvil, Visitor-General – Master of the 4th Chapter,
the Visitor-General was appointed by the Grand Master, exercising his authority, to correct malpractices, introduce new regulations and able to remove Knights from office.

Anon, Commander of the Vault of Acre, Master of the Fleet – Master of the 5th Chapter

Wulfgart, the Westford Knight – Nominal Master of the 6th Chapter,

The Westford Knights commands the legions outriders, responsible for infiltration, reconnaissance and assassinations. Wulgart was only named Westford Knight after the debacle of Greacum, when Master Robert the Craon, then commanding the 3rd chapter, had refused to deploy scouts, which resulted in the destruction of his force. Wulfgart however leaves much of his command duty to his proxies, always being one of the first to go ahead of his Chapter.

The masters all command a chapter, much like those of the Ultramarines, below them rank various Centurions, most of them being former noble-knights of the first Legion Master Valerius Magnus, who command the Battalions. Below the Centurions rank the Company Captains.[captionleft='']2nd Legion Command Structure
Phearus, Legion Master/ Preator - Grandmaster of the 1st Chapter
- Hypocras, Primus Medica (Großspittler), Master of the Knights Hospitaller
- Klepius, Secundus Medica
- Hephaistus, Primus Ferrarius (Großdrapier), Master of the Forge
- Ibelin, Secundus Ferrarius
- Gregorious, Master of the Protectors, Honor Guard
- Sorkath, Magister Librarius
- Ariston, Sorkath’ second
- Arnaud, High Chaplain

Aurilac, the Bulwark, Großkomtur - Master of the 2nd Chapter,
responsible for overseeing the Legions “treasure”/reliquary, after leaving Terra responsible for administration of Legion strongholds and their defense on newly acquired planets

Ragnar Arlion, Ragnar the red, Grand Marshal – Master of the 3rd Chapter

Malakai, the Anvil, Visitor-General – Master of the 4th Chapter,

the Visitor-General was appointed by the Grand Master, exercising his authority, to correct malpractices, introduce new regulations and able to remove Knights from office.

Anon, Commander of the Vault of Acre, Master of the Fleet – Master of the 5th Chapter

Wulfgart, the Westford Knight – Nominal Master of the 6th Chapter,
The Westford Knights commands the legions outriders, responsible for infiltration, reconnaissance and assassinations. Wulgart was only named Westford Knight after the debacle of Greacum, when Master Robert the Craon, then commanding the 3rd chapter, had refused to deploy scouts, which resulted in the destruction of his force. Wulfgart however leaves much of his command duty to his proxies, always being one of the first to go ahead of his Chapter.

The masters all command a chapter, much like those of the Ultramarines, below them rank various Centurions, most of them being former noble-knights of the first Legion Master Valerius Magnus, who command the Battalions. Below the Centurions rank the Company Captains.

• 10 months later...

After being mortally wounded during the subjugation of the jungle world known as Syndulla, Legion Master Valerios Magnus named Preator Phearus as his successor.

While there had not been much love lost between those two, Valerios knew with his dying breath, that only Phearus was suited as Legion master.

Ironically, before the order could be relayed, Phearus fleet detachment was summoned to Tinople.

At long last, the Primarch of the Second had been found.

His status as Legion Master alone qualified Valerios to be entombed into a dreadnought shell, so when the Legion was reunited with their gene sire, Phearos and Valerios stood side by side.

valerius_phearus_angled_by_cr1zza-dbwooo

preator_phearus_and_ironside_valerius_by

So here is something I worked on sporadically.

I have problem highlighting, since more often than not the lines are to thick, but well, it is enough for me :D

Tomorrow will see the Custodes delievered and I have so much miniatures to assemble...

Emperors merci, the Custodes just dropped in and I'm done for today.
They are massive.
The pictures might be blurry, but I guess you'll get the point.
The two parts which form the leg of the Telemon are on their own as big as that of a Contemptor.
Same goes for just the legs of Custodes TDA o.O
inferiority_omplex_by_cr1zza-dbwrq3a.jpg

big_one_by_cr1zza-dbwrq1i.jpg

custodes_size_by_cr1zza-dbwrq2e.jpg

I almost feel sorry for Valerios.
Untill today he was the biggest unit on two legs I had to field, but he looks so... vulnerable :D

So, I bashed the Telemon together, but halfway through I ran out of magnets.
As it stands, the right arm is magnetized, but I want to add magnets so I can remove the torso and the second arm will be magnetized too.
Just some WIP shots and a comparison with my Contemptor:

comparison_by_cr1zza-dbwvxbo.jpg

dat_size_by_cr1zza-dbwvxda.jpg

And with magnets...

dem_magnets_by_cr1zza-dbwvxff.jpg

So not only the weapon can be swapped, the shoulder too is magnetized and trust me, the arm looks ridiculous on a Contemptor :D

Work on the Telemon has ceased for lack of magnets, but sice I had time today I thought I could built the GAlatus Dreadnought...
Instead I wondered why the greaves would not stick to the feet and found them full of miscasted resin.
I took some pics and wrote forgeworld a mail.
I think I could use my Dremel to clear it, but why potentially wasting the greaves?
I've ready many times that Forgeworld simply replaces whole models, a friend of mine got a whole Eldar gravtank because the cockpit"glass" was missing.
So, now I wait fingers crossed that they actually send me a second Galatus, I don't expect it, but then again, if you expect nothing, you can gain everything :D

So I started to built the Achillus and and boy... a nice model and I managed to get the legs posed thanks to bluetack... neat invention :D
The question now is... do I want to magnetize the arms or give it a static pose.
What all three dreads will have in common is the torso being magnetized to the pelvis... and while I write this I realize glueing the legs to the pelvis was a mistake, since drilling now will be a pain -.-

• 3 weeks later...

So, the good news: Forgeworld replaced the Greaves of my Galatus.
Not so good news are, that I cut myself nicely while working on that chap below:

med_gallery_84957_11312_1260463.jpg

Moritoi Sectioni of the Adeptus Custodes, the launcher on top is somewhere in my bits box.
Tomorrow will get his fist finished.

And it's done.

Everything from the legs upwards, apart from the head and launcher on top is magnetized. The fist was interesting, since I could not place a centre magnet into the elbow, so the fist has two magnets :D

gallery_84957_11312_15568.jpg

gallery_84957_11312_1037622.jpg