How many grenade launchers?

dtse

Hey guys. Let's say you got a Ravenwing army with many units of black Knights. How many grenade launchers would u want or take?

Oh and question two. Size of bike units. In an all bike army. I understand principle of having lots of small units but specifically for bike army is that useful? Or dangerous?

6 in the command squad

With the Ravenwing Strike force having 10 slots I've started taking 4 in the normal squads and having the attack bike as a separate unit 3 seems a bit light as I've started with grav guns and they get a high bit of target priority

The other thing is it helps daisy chain the units back to the shroud

The way of getting to the shroud 6" without having blobs of bikes is to string the bikes out like spokes on a wheel but it depends on who has 1st turn and if you get the alpha strike etc.. also the Ravenwing Strike force buffs come into play and I play the shroud in the support squad so the tactics are slightly different

Taken as a formation for the Lions blade then full squad and combat them into 2 lots of 3 with AB & Speeder, having seen what BS5 does for the support formation hitting on 2's its a real sweet buff.

Don't think I've used grenade launcher since rad got nerfed.

Stasis is still ok but when jinking I'd rather have twin linked plasma.

Msu armies have the advantage of being able to target lots of enemies. Twenty rapid fire plasma shots may be fun but if you can hit several units it can be more flexible

I've gone back to my bikes and pulled off the grenades and magnetizes those bikes. Typically i run 1 GL for the command squad, and don't run them in other squads now.

Archived