Gab is starting his Fists - advice appreciated

Gab

Finally back from my deployment overseas and itching to start building my VIIth legion.

I've accumulated quite a bit of resin crack, but this is what I'm starting with:

+ Troops (1030pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad [20x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad [20x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Support Squad [10x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Twin-Linked Bolter]

Legion Tactical Support Squad [10x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Twin-Linked Bolter]

+ Elites (300pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment [2 x Legion Apothecary]

Contemptor Dreadnought - Carapace Mounted Havoc Launcher, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Cannon

What would you do with the squads in regard to sergeant load outs, vexillas, and nuncio-voxes?

I haven't listed my HQs as they will be a reward for getting this lot built - I have Polux and the Praetors set for my HQs.

My eventual goal is a blob of 20 Phalanx Warders to accompany Polux - I find this really appealing and I'm not particularly drawn to Templar Brethren.

I also want to add 3 quad mortars at some point.

Thanks in advance for your advice before I get started building all this.

Hey man,

Despite being new to the Heresy scene, I see a problem my list has as well. You have, as far as I can see, have minimal anti tank, and unless Polux gets in combat, nothing to even scratch AV14.

The dual plasma will end any medium armour or heavy tanks, but maybe consider some graviton weapons (rapiers, another contemptor) or some heavy firepower (Las).

But you do certainly have a huge amount of Anti infantry, ;)

Welcome to the VIIth!

Welcome back from deployment for starters. I like the Infantry base that you have started with its solid. I guess you need to figure out a points level/levels you want to game at, what is your play style?

Slipstreams is better at list building than myself but I can tell you that can not go wrong with rapiers, I run 2 laser destroyers and a quad in the same squad and they are a major threat. IF heavy support squads get the tank hunter special rule so consider adding them to your must buy list.

I just dropped money on 2 Medusa artillery tanks for that S10 AP2 barrage fire, with a seige Breaker they can throw phosphex around also!

Sicarans and venators are nice but you can't make a squad out of them, I like units that can squad up to max the slot out as heavy support is always hotly contested in the lists I build

Anyway hope that helps

Archived