alternative storm shields

shaun03

So looking a using something different than stander termantor shields.

Boarding shields from FW are my go to choice tho needing 20 of them cost is only factor.

Lizardmen shields I have tons of these left over from daemonking project. They look more cryptic and look smaller on model but stand out.

Any other out there that could be use for storm shields?

Also, there's the shields in the vanguard veterans, the standard assault terminators, and the blood angel assault terminators kits. I'm combining all three to make 10 assault terminators with no apparent duplicates.

Edit: and the space hulk one, as well as the metal or finecast set of thunder hammers for space marines, but the hammers and arms are power armor I think.

I'll echo that SG wings make good SS stand ins, especially for BA. A single wing works on power armour and a double wing works on TDA.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/7/28/732119_sm-Blood%20Angels%2C%20Librarian%2C%20Terminator%20Librarian.JPG

Sweet ! A proper centre-grip ! 

Actually, that's a good point: don't restrain yourself to a shield with straps, centre grip shields were extremely popular for centuries if not millenia, because they're very practical for duelling.

The wings look great never though of them.

Trying to keep it all GW/FW stuff local events tend to go full retard if you bring in 3 party stuff.

The wings offer the classic angelic look which suites the BA well. Bording shields fit the space hulk theme and general nature of CC. And the Lizardmen shields while smaller can be used to represent nid carapace, and roll in modern BA with sheild of Baal stuff.

I've made about 1-3 storm shield saves out of dozens in the last 4 games I've ran SS/TH Termies, so I'm thinking of remodeling them as a bouquet of tulips and daisies, or perhaps cradling a basket of kittens.

I make power armor saves all day, its just.... i dunno, when its SS, the dice just know, they just..... I can't.

I've made about 1-3 storm shield saves out of dozens in the last 4 games I've ran SS/TH Termies, so I'm thinking of remodeling them as a bouquet of tulips and daisies, or perhaps cradling a basket of kittens.

I make power armor saves all day, its just.... i dunno, when its SS, the dice just know, they just..... I can't.

I would love to see a terminator with a basket of kittens...

D

LOL

Archived