Scouts for ObSec RW

dtse

hey guys, making a variant of my ravenwing force with objective secured.  I presume, that means I need to run a combined arms detachment right? so I need troops...which I think is just scouts for the dark angels...and I don't want foot slogging scouts, but biker scouts, which does exist, but according to DA Codex, there is no option to put the scouts on bikes...

so if i want to run a RW CAD, I need to footslog scounts?

I used scouts with boltguns and camo cloaks with my Ravenwing. I think they synergize well because the scouts go to ground on objectives for a 2+ or 3+ cover save, and the enemy typically can't waste his ignore cover shots on the scouts. I brought drop pods to transport them.

The other solution was to take the 10th company task force from codex SM but AFAIK, they don't have objective secured :(

However I've found that when you go ObSec, either you get rid of or you play full Obsec (like the Lion's blade). But getting 2 or 3 Obsec units won't make the difference. If your opponent charge them with an elite unit, he will get the objective anyway... (which is different when you play a Lion's blade with 3 Obsec units per objective :P ).

The high mobility and the firepower of your bikes are far better for grabbing objectives than a couple of scouts squads

Not everyone... Just the scouts...

That's the point of my remark there's no dilemma:

If you face a Gladius with 18 OS squads, your 2 squads of scouts won't change the face of the battle.

If you face an opponent who has 3/4 OS squad, it will be far easier to destroy them and grab your objective...

Not everyone... Just the scouts...

That's the point of my remark there's no dilemma:

If you face a Gladius with 18 OS squads, your 2 squads of scouts won't change the face of the battle.

If you face an opponent who has 3/4 OS squad, it will be far easier to destroy them and grab your objective...

Does a CAD only confer Obsec to Troops? Apologies I am away from my BRB currently.

No point to taking scouts?? I think they've worked pretty well for me. Your black knights and other units should keep them from being assaulted by their good assault units anyway. They can hang in there against many things that try to kick them off the objective.

Our scouts are just so cheap though... I mean, if you're bringing a 2nd HQ in your Ravenwing force anyway, 110 pts for two reasonably durable obsec units feels like a bargain. Keep them cheap with bolters and no camo cloaks if you want to save points. They'll do some work holding objectives in midfield and doing light anti-infantry fire while your Black Knights mess the opponent's plans up.

Archived