1500pt Battle Report featuring my Ravenwing

NCSUWolf

Cool army. I'm going for an all black knight lost myself. I wish we could have seen more of the lay of he land on that batrep. Was a bit zoomed in. But nice to look at models!

Question. With all those plasma talons in range you could lay the hurt down turn 1. Or as you did you can stop and turbo and jink. Difficult to choose so how did you choose?

Cool army. I'm going for an all black knight lost myself. I wish we could have seen more of the lay of he land on that batrep. Was a bit zoomed in. But nice to look at models!

Question. With all those plasma talons in range you could lay the hurt down turn 1. Or as you did you can stop and turbo and jink. Difficult to choose so how did you choose?

Thanks! Ive loved Black Knights since the 6th Ed Codex put them in and they never dissapoint me. The camera view was a bit tight, a new camera in this BatRep I believe, but it really was a beautiful board. 

The decision not to unload on the spider/wraiths in my first turn has honestly been my biggest mistake the whole game (I knock it up to camera jitters and over thinking the Speed of the Raven). If in the same conditions again, I'll definitely let the Plasma volley fly. 

Here's some wider shots (though my phone camera cant focus to save my life, but it might give an idea of the scope of that awesome table):

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/11891139_10102840843254259_8396565098196254353_n_zpsmdiy6kgm.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/11817195_10102800214599409_211556808509794130_n_zpsfnphtcpb.jpg

Nice batrep. I saw it when it went up originally. I know you're going to take some comments about the Libby biker, but we all know GW messed that up horribly.... But if this was the detachment you will have trouble convincing people about the Nephilim.

Whenever I have taken the flyers in this formation, to keep it legit, I put the flyer formation in so it can legally start in reserve while the bike force is legally starting on the table.

That is a rough match up and this is why we see many, many 3-4 Wraith squadron lists at Nova. It's horribly difficult to kill, and you brought a great unit to take it on.

I'm no expert, but as someone who is familiar with Necrons I would advise on tiny suggestion; put more emphasis on getting 'Force' off. You often didn't put enough dice on it, and I always put it at the top of my 'to do' list in the psychic phase against Necrons. Don't forget you're altering their RP rolls by -1 with Force running. It makes a big difference over the course of the game, and because 'crons have crud for Psychic defense you can often take characters right out of fights by challenging them with a force empowered character.... one wound = instant death + -1 RP rolls.

I realize it's not a game changer, but it has helped me quite a bit. (I mean traditional 'low AP' weapons mean nothing to most Necron units... you might as well alter their survival factor).

Great army though, great paint jobs, you can tell you've put a lot of time and effort into it. Cron's are a frustrating army to face. ;)

Yeah, I spent a bit last night responding to comments on YouTube about the FOC. In hindsight the flier shouldn't have been there but I am proud of the paint job and it realistically didn't do anything so the argument of its legality is somewhat moot (not wrongly stated but in most GW arguments I always ask "what does it matter in the end").

As for Force, yeah it's another thing I could have played to a bit more, along with shooting turn 1 and hitting the wraiths /spider with everything earlier on. Honestly, despite facing them alot in the past, I've only been forced to play vs 7th Ed Necrons like twice (lucky me I guess) and wasn't thinking about it(Force) at the time.

But glad you guys enjoyed the video (and thanks again for the painting compliments!).

Thanks for sharing your battle report! You have a nice looking army. Now that large land speeder... would you call that a "Dark Vengeance" patterned land speeder?

It's a highly sought after variant of the Dark Shroud STC in fact, hence why my second army is a strong growing force of Adeptus Mechanicus ;)

Yeah, I spent a bit last night responding to comments on YouTube about the FOC. In hindsight the flier shouldn't have been there but I am proud of the paint job and it realistically didn't do anything so the argument of its legality is somewhat moot (not wrongly stated but in most GW arguments I always ask "what does it matter in the end").

As for Force, yeah it's another thing I could have played to a bit more, along with shooting turn 1 and hitting the wraiths /spider with everything earlier on. Honestly, despite facing them alot in the past, I've only been forced to play vs 7th Ed Necrons like twice (lucky me I guess) and wasn't thinking about it(Force) at the time.

But glad you guys enjoyed the video (and thanks again for the painting compliments!).

With regard to the flyer I agree what does it matter, GW rules aren't 100% and people need to take a pragmatic view on them and not get so hung up on every comma.

On the subject of necrons you certainly get better at dealing with them with games under your belt, it's kind of shock at 1st 'Holy Money How do I deal with This' you can get a bit Rabbit in the Headlights at first.

Thanks for the link by the way & I always take the Mace against them coz blind Wraiths really mess your opponents head up

Archived