Ravenwing strike force and flyers

Biggysmalls

Looking at fielding the Ravenwing strike force detachment with a nephilim but the issue I have is with the wording of the listing. It says that all units should be placed in reserve or deployed as "normal". But "normal" deployment for a flyer is in reserve so how do you all interpret this?

Looking at fielding the Ravenwing strike force detachment with a nephilim but the issue I have is with the wording of the listing. It says that all units should be placed in reserve or deployed as "normal". But "normal" deployment for a flyer is in reserve so how do you all interpret this?

he starts already on the table in your deployment zone, essentially you get the benefit of a skyshield without buying a skyshield he would start in your deployment zone and immedeately have to move because he zooms

We've taken "Deployed as Normal" to mean just that the flyer goes into reserve and must be rolled for if the Strike force starts on the table.

If your running RWSF there's not much option would be useful for GW to FAQ the formation but I wouldn't hold your breath even given the cock up with the HQ Ravenwing.

he starts already on the table in your deployment zone, essentially you get the benefit of a skyshield without buying a skyshield he would start in your deployment zone and immedeately have to move because he zooms

I can see the logic given it can go into skimmer mode but at Tourney's I dunno I'd expect them to rule ongoing reserve

Would be interesting if it could (assuming you had 1st turn)

Already covered here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313213-ravenwing-strike-force-question/

Archived