Most useful powers for Bike Libby/RWCS

PariahMessiah

Either telepathy or interromancy. Personally I'd run a dark angels libby on bike with interromancy and then bring in a space marine lib conclave formation ally all rolling telepathy and divination. If you get ignores cover... Stuck him in the command squad

I used to run Telepathy for shrouding, then screen my RW Command Squad with a regular bike squad in my all RW force giving them a 2+ cover save when close enough to a Dark Shroud without needing to jink. I found blobing the whole army up around the Libby for shrouding and the dakka banner in the command squad to give good results vs the armies I tend to play (basically no ignores cover blasts except for burner bombers).

Since the new codex though I think I've strayed away from Interromancy only once and that was a Divination Libby buffing a squad of Devastators with twin-linked and ignores cover.

I really like Interromancy, it's always my go to discipline for my biker Libby and with the possibility of 2+ re-rollable jinks for the command squad anyway (Darkshroud required), I thoroughly enjoy belting the RW CS right up the front, popping off Seed of Fear and making 2-4 units bust moral in the following shooting phase. Doesn't always play out that way but when it does it's hard not to grin ear to ear like a tool. With enough shooting, Seed of Fear & Aversion you could potentially render 3-5 units rather ineffective in your opening turn if you scout far enough and don't get sized on. Risky, but pretty cool. 

Can't imagine how nasty the above would be with a squad of 10 Purifiers, combat squadded coming in turn 1 via a Dark Angles drop pod!

Can't imagine how nasty the above would be with a squad of 10 Purifiers, combat squadded coming in turn 1 via a Dark Angles drop pod!

Are you stalking me? Reading my lists outside my window? Because thats almost exactly what I'm doing. My GK force consists of a ML3 Libby, 5 Terminators, 10 Purifiers w/incinerator dropping down in a DA fast attack Pod, and a NDK. I plan on dropping it down right in the middle of my buddies 36 FireWarriors and watch him burn, between Cleansing Flame and the Incinerator, I don't see too many surviving. 

Lol, Maybe.

I've seen it done before but with a Blood Angels Drop Pod verses an Ad Mech army.

That maneuverer basically won the game right there and then with a bucket load of Skitarii being wiped off the board on turn 1, nasty.

Lol, Maybe.

I've seen it done before but with a Blood Angels Drop Pod verses an Ad Mech army.

That maneuverer basically won the game right there and then with a bucket load of Skitarii being wiped off the board on turn 1, nasty.

I know exactly which Batrep you saw, and thats where I got the idea lol

I also have a list with GK as my main force, and ally in DA for a Pod and RWCS (for their homers) 

My question is how do you guys get around the fluff conflict of an alliance between GK and DA? I have GK, DA, Inquisition and Assassin forces I've been trying to ally together without throwing fluff off mount Everest

GK and DA worked together during the Pandorax Campaign.

My question is how do you guys get around the fluff conflict of an alliance between GK and DA? I have GK, DA, Inquisition and Assassin forces I've been trying to ally together without throwing fluff off mount Everest

Inquisitor and DA is straightforward and assassins are quote "Independent Operatives" so nuff said, I've Legion of the Damned and their pretty easy to explain my next addition is going to be a Damned Knight using the Imperial Knight book but in LOD colors.

GK & DA dove tail quite well with some nasty combo's but fluff wise its not really a pairing, HammerHand and Sanctuary on Deathwing Knights + Sammael in the squad for some double Jink Shenanigans, EZikiel with Seeds of Fear with the podded Purifiers for some run away cleansing flame. 

I saw that the limited edition space marine stuff mentioned an Angels Redeemed chapter so I'm in re-paint mode right now, and yes GK and DA have some really nasty combos. This Saturday I have a 3855 point game where I'm going to run 2 NSF and a DA Librarius Conclave which has something like 35 warp charges, should be fun

speaking of DA with GK....

can you elaborate on ezekiel+purifier drop pod action? how does that combo work out?

also, if i have pure ravenwing, and i want purifiers in drop pod, I need 3 detachments then? ravenwing, a "normal" dark angels list with a drop pod, and a GK detachment?  I can just see fully scouted ravenwing black knight army on turn one, moving up, blasting away, maybe charges, with a drop-pod purifier cleansing flame hit...thats definition of alpha strike

I'd go NSF, RSF and CAD. Take 3 drop pods in fast slot and 2 dedicated pods. Drop 3 pods full of purifiers in your opponents face. Just don't use this outside of tournaments as you'll lose friends for this trick in normal play.

Do you need CAD though? If you take it as ally you only need 1 Troop as opposed to 2, right? 

You only get one pod with an ally detachment, but yes you could do that. The CAD just let's you put more purifiers into pods.

Ah, totally forgot only 1 FA slot for allies. I guess taking a CAD and just using 110pts for Scouts Troop choice wouldn't be too harmful to get more drop pods. Good call. I was planning on just shoving all 10 combat squaded Purifiers into 1 Pod and dropping it literally right in the middle of their force. 

I run him with pyromancy alongside my ten-man Black Knights. I usually role fire shield, so the Knights get a better invulnerable save. I use them as shock troops against heavy infantry, shoot them with plasma talons, stasis grenades, and what ever pyro-powers the librarian has. Then they veer off and let someone behind finish them off in close combat. Just my two-cents.

I wish I could do that but Tau players around here run Riptides so the purifier would get evaporated before being able to cast Cleansing flames.

So just drop the pod out of LoS, cleansing flame is a nova and doesn't need LoS. 

At least I think that'd be a way around it. 

Archived