How to fight Tau soon..

Malakithe

Now, we try to get into CC, while we shoot our way there. If you have an all comers list that can be more tricky. If you play RW or RW+DW that can be easier to achieve.

What you don't want is to be caught in a long range firefight were they have superiority. Ensure that you are trading fire always in advantage. Focus on one squad at a time, prioritize the targets that have AP3/2 weapons or massed S5+ fire.

While they have some ranged stuff generally the Tau general goes for Spam consequently stuff like Typhoon speeders with splash rockets can be a thorn in their side as they instant kill battlesuits as well.

For culling regular Tau troops the Whirlwind is an ideal option

When playing against Tau ALWAYS kill the pathfinders & marker drones 1st

Don't forget 2+/4++/5+++

If I knew I was facing one, I'd do my best to be melee with it turn 2, preferably with DWKs.

DWK aren't as good against 2+ High T models with the new smite mode. 1 attack each just doesn't get it done unless u take hordes of them. Then it isn't cost efficient like it was before.

Powerfist terms would be better with the multiple attacks.

Yeah but my goal isn't necessarily to kill it but to tie it up. I think the middle ground would be TH/SS termies. You need the best invuln you can get unless you think your going to reasonably kill it on the charge because even with a garbage WS, the stomp is going to be nasty.

Yeah but my goal isn't necessarily to kill it but to tie it up. I think the middle ground would be TH/SS termies. You need the best invuln you can get unless you think your going to reasonably kill it on the charge because even with a garbage WS, the stomp is going to be nasty.

Why tie it up when you can kill it in one turn? Especially for less than the cost of a terminator squad.

buy a bunch of darkshrouds and deepstrike them in when your about to charge in. they wont overwatch anymore and from that point forward they are dead. id like to also point out that these new tau riptides are fairly limited in their capacity, the stealth suit has a plasma cannon and can likely infiltrate, and its likely a force would need to focus their army around bringing him, hanging back and circling the chuck wagons against plasma cannons would mean hes going to probably be a waste of space all game. the conclave means u can also psychic shriek them into oblivion an interesting concept.

the missle tide poses other problems im afraid we are probaby going to need to wait for the imperial guard to get their new codex because then you can see armies field the hard counter to missle spams cheaper av14 than land raiders. the russ will be its undoing and when they arrive the missle tide will probably fall out of service.

as for the supremacy armor, warhoud titan that is all, plenty of folks in my local meta ow one or a raver one guy actually owns a warlord. to put things plainly theres too many people with bigger toys than the kvx139 and he is too risky to take, the second they start seeing tables round here warhounds start coming out of glass cases and he is finished my son

The Ta'unar is pretty beastly, so we Deepstrike in the Unscattering Belial & Friends (they being Thundernators), who will be all, like "So, Tau Kaiju Hunter.  You really gonna place that Str D AP 2 Massive Blast over us, and hope it won't scatter onto you own army...which it will do 2/3 of the time?"  :p That's if the monstrosity gets to place the blast at all, because if Belial & Friends Deepstrike right into the heart of the Tau forces, such that they can still deploy at least 1" away from all surrounding models but still be really close to every Tau unit around them, the Massive Blast can't even be placed on them if it would also touch just one Tau model.  And that is the smaller of the firing options.  Neither of the firing options  will bode well for the rest of our army, but Belial will be rather safe, and a HUGE and IMMEDIATE threat, if the Tau player deploys in such a way to allow a gap that Belial & Friends can exploit.

Ravenwing are basically screwed by the thing's Range 12-120", Strength 8, AP 3, Apocalyptic Barrage (3), Pinning, No Cover Saves firing option.  Okay, Sammael in Sableclaw and the Ravenwing Flyers are not overly concerned, but everything else from the 2nd Company is.

Using Heavy Fortifications and transports would be a good idea, as would Flyers.  We could also send two close combat-armed Imperial Knights running hell bent right at the thing too.  It is very unlikely that it will kill one, let alone both of them before they get into close combat, and it will really only take one of them to carve the thing up like a turkey once there.

I saw the rules for the FW one and it's 600pts LoW. Pretty much apoc only so that's good

It's not remotely Apoc only. It's just a lord of war. And 600 points is a steal. It's T9 with 10 wounds.

And who is going to play against it in a standard game?

If your playing with toys like that you go find someone who is of a like mind who has a Titan or other stuff its not suited to standard games or 6' x 4' boards

Not an apoc unit pfffff its not even Apoc light as per an imperial Knight

Want to tie it up? Use something cheaper like a squad of Ravenwing bikers. 

Archived