HH Taghmata list book

Dark Bjoern

Hi folks,

Yesterday i recieved my exemplar of the Mechanicum Taghmata Army list book. And first thing i noticed had been the point cost increase for several units.

Castellax +20 points

Thanatar +10 points

Ursurax +20 points

Myrmidon Destructor +15 points

I think that´s too much. Our units are expensive enougth. The Taghmata is most the time short-handed, but now more then ever. What do you think about it?

Castellax : To be Expected.

Thanatar : Base Model? Sure, I can see why. Not really needed.

Ursurax : Not needed, I dont think anyone really used them?

Myrmidon Destructors : Not expected but I can see why.

+++

I guess it's mostly to promote unit diversity?

The base costs of Thallaxi models are unchanged. The Destructor augment is 10 points cheaper, Empyrite augment is 15 points cheaper and the Ferrox augment (rage and close combat rending, may not exchange their lightning guns) has been added for 25 points per unit.

I like the new rule for the Magus Dominus. It´s good that he can join a unit of monstrous creatures.

It´s also good that the Destructor Augment had become cheaper.

@Slipstream: Why do you think the Ursurax are so seldomly taken? I think they are a good cc unit for Mechanicum. I´m still hoping FW will release some nice models for them.

And what is the general opinion about Domitar battle automata and Scyllax Guardian-automata?

The Domitar Looks fine to me. Expensive but a nasty cc unit. A squad of two or three would be something the enemy could not ignore. And from my experience with the Castellax they would survive alot.

Have someone experience with the Thanatar-Calix?

I also recently received the book and think its great :) but then i didn't use the previous lists. couple of questions:

1. the myrmidon destructor has the photon thruster cannon option but there is no stats for it in the book. does it have stats or is that a mistake?

2. can a magos have both a jump pack and an abeyant?

everything is expensive, but there is rather nasty combinations I've noticed.

I like the new rule for the Magus Dominus. It´s good that he can join a unit of monstrous creatures.

@Slipstream: Why do you think the Ursurax are so seldomly taken? I think they are a good cc unit for Mechanicum. I´m still hoping FW will release some nice models for them.

And what is the general opinion about Domitar battle automata and Scyllax Guardian-automata?

The Domitar Looks fine to me. Expensive but a nasty cc unit. A squad of two or three would be something the enemy could not ignore. And from my experience with the Castellax they would survive alot.

The Ursurax's non-representation is mostly anecdotal on my end. Our Mechanicum player doesnt find them useful and it doesnt help that they dont have a model, either.

A Single Domitar with Paragon Of Metal is expensive but, he packs a punch and will mulch most MC's on his own.

No Experience with the Thanatar-Calix but, it reeks of confused Identity. Uber-Grav Puncher but a 60" Lascannon with a Single Shot? I'd still rather drown them in Plasma from the Cynix or Normal Thanatar.

The Ursurax's non-representation is mostly anecdotal on my end. Our Mechanicum player doesnt find them useful and it doesnt help that they dont have a model, either.

A Single Domitar with Paragon Of Metal is expensive but, he packs a punch and will mulch most MC's on his own.

No Experience with the Thanatar-Calix but, it reeks of confused Identity. Uber-Grav Puncher but a 60" Lascannon with a Single Shot? I'd still rather drown them in Plasma from the Cynix or Normal Thanatar.

thanatar-calix is a weird one in my mind too, both plasma thanatars seem pretty nasty to me (especially with enhanced targetting array and nearby cyber-occularis to get it to BS 6!) and so does the dominator

I personally love Ursarax and am sad to see PC increase, no real reason for it.

Other changes make sense but am disappointed other Thanatar chasis were not reduced in price to comparable

Thanks to those that answered my previous question :tu:

Now i read the product description on FW, and it says that the book also has the rules for imperial knight models. Does that include the Knight army list and the options for ranks?

Thanks to those that answered my previous question :tu:

Now i read the product description on FW, and it says that the book also has the rules for imperial knight models. Does that include the Knight army list and the options for ranks?

No, all knights are in the book, but only as lord of war choices for the taghmata. The questoris knight list is only available in volume 4

The Questoris List is not a Mechanicum only list. It represents all, Mechanicum and Imperial, Knight Houses. I think that´s why they´re not included. But i´m happy that i can add all variants as LoW to my Taghmata. I hope FW will redo the Questoris list in the (not so far) future. I hope they will add the Crusader, Warden and Galant to their list.

At least FW left my beloved Krios Battle Tanks as they are.

Let´s talk about the Ordinatus. What do you think of it. Okay, the Sagittar is nice. But the Ulator Class Sonic Destructor is really nasty. I think with his reinforced structure, the armoured ceramite and the Ordinatus Dispersion shield he should have good chances to survive for some while

True, the Questoris Knights are their own thing but I doubt their army list will grow to the size of the Legions or Mechanicum which is why I wondered why they werent included.

Unless theyre to be added into a "forces of the imperium" small book including solar aux and militia/cults.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the Questoris Lists needs a BIG update now (missing carapace weapons/fist/meltagun, and we need HH rules for atleast: Gallant, Warden, Crusader, the new Cerastus variants, ....)

i hope they do that with Retalitation, ... waiting 'till they release the Mars book would be looong :<

Archived