HH Taghmata list book

Dark Bjoern

I feel with the point increase on Castellax, they are more comparable to Kastellan robots in efficacy, although for different roles.

Castellax automata is 120 points for 3 BS5 S6 AP3, pinning, -1 cover shots. Kastelan robot is 135 points for 6 BS3 S6 AP3, luminagen shots, 3 are twin-linked. Even before you factor in Canticles and Protocols, the robots average more hits, and potentially a whole lot more. Luminagen helps your other forces and you can give them Cognis for BS2 snapfire. Defensively, the robots lose a wound but get FNP, can reflect damage, and boost cover saves through canticles.

Honestly, with automata now always firing 3 weapons, power blades adding an extra attack, and Cybernetica adding initiative, I'm thinking of using Mauler Castellax more aggressively. 2 flamers, power blades, pincer maneuver with Vorax.

I feel with the point increase on Castellax, they are more comparable to Kastellan robots in efficacy, although for different roles.

Castellax automata is 120 points for 3 BS5 S6 AP3, pinning, -1 cover shots. Kastelan robot is 135 points for 6 BS3 S6 AP3, luminagen shots, 3 are twin-linked. Even before you factor in Canticles and Protocols, the robots average more hits, and potentially a whole lot more. Luminagen helps your other forces and you can give them Cognis for BS2 snapfire. Defensively, the robots lose a wound but get FNP, can reflect damage, and boost cover saves through canticles.

Honestly, with automata now always firing 3 weapons, power blades adding an extra attack, and Cybernetica adding initiative, I'm thinking of using Mauler Castellax more aggressively. 2 flamers, power blades, pincer maneuver with Vorax.

yeah i really like the Castellax, the Thanatar and the Dominator look decent to me too :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys looking for some assistance.

I've ordered the book and waiting on it to arrive (I'm in Australia so it's always a little while... )

Now I want to start gathering models and boys for my planned Archmagos but just want to know if there was any changes to their options since the list in Book III

I plan on a Myrmidax with two plasma fusils and Machinator Array and a few other goodies. May make alterations to this though if the options have significantly altered.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Oldish thread but didnt want to start a new thread for this, couple of questions to with stuff in the book:

1. do rad grenades and the rad furnace penalty stack? so -2 to the opponents toughness? because that is sick!

2. there are three different versions of the hyperios missile launcher in the book (tarantula, castellum and reductor artillery tank) so which is the proper version? i rather like the cant jink save version myself :)

• 3 weeks later...
I hear the Dominus gets an upgrade to join MC units. Can the Prime get access to this too?

No it's a special rule on Domini and Arch-Domini. It's not an upgrade, they just get to attach to Cybernetica robot units. Domini is in all three lists, Arch-Domini is Legio Cybernetica only.

1. do rad grenades and the rad furnace penalty stack? so -2 to the opponents toughness? because that is sick!

Yeah, they're separate effects. They might FAQ it, but as it stands now it's -2. Take it on a Malaga Prime with paragon blade+chainfist, make people weep.
2. there are three different versions of the hyperios missile launcher in the book (tarantula, castellum and reductor artillery tank) so which is the proper version? i rather like the cant jink save version myself smile.png

No the first two are the Hyperios missile launcher (Tarantula and Castellum have that one). The ones on the Reductor Artillery are Hyperios air-defence missiles, which have a different profile (no Ignore Cover, but it's two shots instead).

Thanks for clarifying, yeah I was thinking a similar combo for a malagra prime with scyllax would be pretty nasty and great for dealing with big monsters and nasty characters. horrible if you hit the unit with a rad cleanser first too :D

As for the missile launchers, didn't notice the artillery one was twin shots, the sentry guns I wish were more than one shot or twin-linked because for 50pts each they might be a decent anti-air choice but to me just seem okay.

I'm still sad about the Domitar, since the model I'm sure will be awesome and we're light on Elite options worth taking.

Domitar with Flak Missiles - 180 points

Defense: T7, W4, Sv3+/5++

Melee: D3 S7 HoW, 3 WS4 S10 AP2 wrecker attacks

Ranged: BS3 krak or flak missile

vs.

Castellax with multi-melta, flamer, siege wrecker, ETA, Paragon of Metal - 180 points

Defense: T7, W4, Sv3+/5++, IWND

Melee: 1 S6 HOW, 2 WS3 S10 AP2 wrecker attacks, Rage, Rampage

Ranged: BS5 multi-melta with -1 cover saves, flamer

They should have just made it 200 points and make it a jump monstrous creature.

Archived