BA-ing Fortifications

Charlo

Afternoon Brothers! My Aegis Defence Line arrived in the mail today but for the life of me I don't know how to paint it!

In terms of using fortifications I can't see Marines (much less BA) painting it in the usual camo colours, I think they'd erect the defence line quickly via podding it in and it would proudly display chapter heraldry like any other piece of war-gear in our arsenal.

So with this in mind, how should I go about painting the damn thing?

I suppose I could paint the main sections black with the connecting wall red and then pop some BA symbols on it from the drop pod kit etc but I don't want it to look too garish either...

Do my Brothers have any fortifications to share? Or ideas?

Although I've documented it well in the boards, here is my scheme - so you can get a feel for ideas:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150804_223812_zpsotdimb5i.jpg

With my guys it's a little harder, as you have two main colours. If I were UM or DA it would just be blue or green and go with the army... Black ends up being a bit boring and red looks like too much :P

I think either way though the best first step would be spraying black...

I'd go with a look similar to the one on the box, the smurfs haven't painted it in chapter colors. I don't think even BA would bother with making a piece of art out of the defence line. They might decorate it with some symbols or other stuff though. A winged blood drop here, a purity seal there, and maybe even one or two helmets that seem to get lost all the time. ;)

True, I just really hate the normal defense line painting. If I was IG/AM, sure, but I feel a Marine's defense line would be proper cool and look a little Astartes. I'll play around and post something when I get it.

Anyone got any forts to share?

Only a couple coats of good ol' Mephy red, but it's coming together!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-994794845189184792_zpsnhppomle.jpg

Bolted metal will be lead belcher and the black sections will be drybrushed grey to bring out the detail. I'll probably then wreck the thing with Agrax, Nuln and Ironearth ohmy.png

Aegis Defense Line?

Is that the thing Imperial Fists hide behind while watching us advance on the enemy?

msn-wink.gif

Hey now, I need to put the Quad Mortars behind something :P

Until they get destroyed and the gunners surge forward into GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT.

Still gotta rough em up more, brighten the red and black a bit and add the Iron earth around the bottom, but I'm pleased so far (I also need to paint the rear detail...)

I think they'll look ace with my quad guns behind them (when I get them...) thank bros!

Archived