Imperial Fists 1500 building to buy

Lord Blackwood

I have two lists im looking  the diffrence being  6 rapiers ad 5 templars vs 3 rapiers and 8 templars  , I  own the Mortars already but im thinking about getting the heavy bolters due to the leigon rules the templars are important  because thats the theme of the list  , advice would be appreciated 

Option A 

+++(1500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1500pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (1035pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (265pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Templar Brethren (570pts) [7x Combat Shield, 7x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite]

+ Elites (235pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (55pts)
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (180pts)
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Option B 

+++ (1505pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1505pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (930pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Power Weapon]

Legion Tactical Squad (255pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
Legion Tactical Sergeant 

Templar Brethren (480pts) [4x Combat Shield, 4x Templar Brethren]
Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite]

+ Elites (345pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (45pts) [Legion Apothecary]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (120pts) [Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery]

+ Legion +

I assume the Apothecary is meant to go in the Templar Brethren? Unfortunately, they can't - not one of the units they're allowed to attach to.

I like the first list more. But I'd put Vexilla on both Tactical squads and keep the bolters on the smaller of the two - they want to go and grab an objective, not fight people in Assault.

Imperial Fists are pretty strong, so generally speaking the army will be quite good!

If you want FNP with Templar its a Primus Medicae or Bust.

Both lists are cool but at 1500 and running Siggy + Templar, you're going to be uber-strapped for points.

If you're not running a RoW with a Specific Compulsory Troops Selection, you can opt to cut out an entire Tac Squad since the Templar Bros are Troops with Sigismund.

The way I'd run such a list is as follows:

+++ If Test (1500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1500pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (455pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (245pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Templar Brethren (210pts) [Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox, 4x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Elites (250pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)
··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

··Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')]

+ Heavy Support (565pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (345pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

+ Legion +

Gives you the Nigh-Unkillable Spartan who also has 4 TLLC Shots to boot.

Deredeo for 4 S8 BS5 TL Sunder Shots + 3 S6 Ap3 Pinning Missiles who can opt to Skyfire/Interceptor.

15 Man Tac Blob with Apothecary & Augury Scanner to Deny Deepstrike/Infiltrate. Also have 2 Artificer Armored Characters in the unit to tank shots if needed and FNP.

Only 5 Templar and Sigismund but, it might be all you need. If you do cut down the Spartan to a Normal Land Raider, take more Templar.

All Squads have Nuncio-Voxes in the event that you want to use the Frag Shells (barrage) at targets not in their LoS. Otherwise you can cut the Voxes and take more Templar.

I think a problem with both lists is a lack of AP2.  Sigismund and your chapter champion will comfortably take on characters, but squads of terminators or other 2+ save units will give you trouble, and your Templars are wasted if they're stuck in a combat where their power swords are useless.  Maybe go with option B (weight of fire), but switch out a tactical squad to a plasma gun support squad or a terminator squad?

A deredo may be a bit of a stretch at the moment , might be able to get my hands on a Plasma Predator  depending on the luck 

If im going to take a phobos land raider in place of a spartan  and a plasma predator   would you think thats enough ap2 or is the predator not worth it unless im taking 2 ?   

1500 and a character is a hard game...you've got a 5th of your points in 1 dude...albeit a badarse who will smoke anyone he gets into CC with unless he gets tanked trying to get there ;)

If you split your HQ points into 2 centurions then you could increase your maneuverability a bit on the field. I think LR's are great and would suggest 2 at 1500 as most folks will have something to counter 1 but 2 will shake them up a bit...again though...points sinks. Plasma preds are nice and the regular ole LC pred does the business, especially in pairs... perhaps finding something you really enjoy in that AP sweet spot....

I regularly run a plasma pred and it wrecks PA marines and terminators as long as it lives, I find that people tend to go after it before going after my sicaran. Folks can only put up with about 1 round of shooting before it gets old, remember to buy PotMS its a must! I think I will be adding another to my army soon. Sigi and Templars at 1500 points is not what I would call optimal. Though if you get them into the correct fight on your own terms they are scary.

Archived