My scouts

Sanguine_Blood

Hello.

I have 5 sniper scouts, and 5 melee scouts

Question: Until the time comes that I get another box of melee scouts, to make 10 man, how should I run what I have...?

run them as a unit of 10, with camo cloaks, give 4 snipers and Heavy Bolter to 5 of them, and melee the rest, and then combat squad them (obviously). What should I give to the sergeant? Power Fist?

I haven't yet assembled the sergeant yet, so let me know your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as loadouts for the sergeants, I'd keep them cheap, compounded by the fact that scout sergeants or veteran sergeants can't take Inferno Pistols or Hand Flamers (why GW why; you make these game design decisions and they just don't make sense within the context of the book).

So for a melee sergeant, just give him a camo cloak and a power fist, combi-weapon too if you are so inclined (I don't personally). For the sniper sergeant, I just give him a camo cloak and a sniper rifle. I also tend to avoid taking the veteran sergeant upgrade on the sniper sergeant, I just don't see much return for my investment in games aside from the stray morale check.

Sergeants can take the pistols can't they? Or is it just scout ones can't?

Both scout and tactical sergeants have all the same rules. You should be able to dual-pistol the scout sergeant.

EDIT: scout sergeant has additional scout rules, but may take the same options as the tacticals.

We should have it, but for power armoured units too... ;)

Vanilla get a scout transport, DA get the big plasma one and cover save one - I propose we get our own:

Blood Wing Land Speeder: 6 man capacity in power armour. Has a heavy flamer or multi Melta. Options for locator beacon. No scout or infiltrate rule. Fast attack choice.

Maybe another rule that would be suited to us if I can think of one...

Works for me.

Well, as far as i have knowledge, the Blood Angels were pretty well equiped with anti-grav vehicles (Bikes and Land Speeder, even anti-grav chariot...), plus they are know to have some of the finiest techmarines and artificer of the adeptus astartes....but, for unknow and unlogical reasons, the Dark Angels get the Jetbike and the Lands speeders...and the Flyers.....for we don't even have access, yet, to the stormtalon, while again, the Dark Angels go two flyers on their own, logic....

Sergeants can take the pistols can't they? Or is it just scout ones can't?

Both scout and tactical sergeants have all the same rules. You should be able to dual-pistol the scout sergeant.

EDIT: scout sergeant has additional scout rules, but may take the same options as the tacticals.

Scout Sergeants can take pistols, there's just a restriction from them taking hand flamers and inferno pistols specifically (its in the wargear purchasing section of our codex, go check it out). So they can still take grav and plasma pistols

Archived