Found a use for Asmodi

Crazy Jay

Now this is a bit situational but for me I can see it working out. He is going to be my daemon killer. All these FMC deamons with a 2+ junk save ruining people's days. Have Asmodi man a quad gun on an ADL. His warlord trait gives him ignores cover. Suddenly he's a ranged threat to these guys. In addition if the deamons come after him in melee his sword has instant death and while it doesn't have any AP, that rarely matters with Deamons.

Originally I thought to do this with Azrial, but Asmodi weighs in cheaper by 75 points.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, September 21, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, September 21, 2015 - No reason given

this is an old trick and believe when i say its not practical, what you do with brother immodium (because youll need some after your done playing with him on table!) is that you do one of two things:

1) fill his base with weight (or move him to a weighted base) and use him as a literal paperweight, alternatively you can take multiple weighted asmodai's and make a fashionable doorstop of sorts

2) use him as a christmas decoration, the smoke even makes a convenient loop for an ornament hook

What sword are you talking about??? Asmodai doesn't have a sword, unless you mean the Blades of Reason and I never heard (don't have the 7th ed codex yet) that they have Instant Death rule.

I've thought about this. Just chucking him with the ADL and maybe a unit of cheap scouts to soak hits and you'd do pretty well against any flyer or FMC that relies on its jink to stay alive. Though he is a lot of points to bring for something like that unless you are sure you'll be seeing 2 - 3 flying units.

Asmodi is 10 points cheaper but really the vindicare is the better option because can still do stuff with is sniper riffle when not using a gun emplacement. I think Asmodi is a slightly better choice because you can bubble wrap him and cause ID in melee. (Now when I say better I mean in this very defined scenario and strategy)

Yeah, it's the Plasma Obliterator; (I'm building one actually; there's a pic in my gallery).  Thanks for the idea of putting Asmodai in there; I really hadn't put much thought into who was going to operate it.  I guess I just assumed Azrael since it still Gets Hot and kills random D3 troops; I figured I'd stick some scouts or something in there as wounds in case his shield fails.  But hey, Asmodai is cheaper and I do like the model; I suppose this is something to do with him ; ) 

Archived