Old duffer returning ...

Raven6826

Hi all! So ... After a break of 18 odd years I'm returning to 40k. Anything new going on? (Joke...sarcasm). Seriously tho, I started with 1st edition and retired playing 2nd.. Never owned a codex i n my life... Now I have space marine 7th on the way in the mail. And am dusting off my paints.

Been a collector rather than a player since retirement, have some of the "new scale" 40k figs and thought it might be fun to use em.

So... I promise not to make fun of codex cooky cutter format and you chaps don't mention the grey in my beard?

I'm 41... Eeeep, when did that happen? PS, I remember Jervis when his pimples were as prominent as john B's first beard!

• 3 weeks later...

I too started with RT back in the day, and played up through maybe 3rd edition somewhere. I took a hiatus and came back around 5th edition, maybe. Hard to pin down the years. It's a fine hobby for us, and you'll find many of us older folks on the B&C. Lots of nostalgia, but there's a lot to be said about the quality of these new models and GW seems to go through reflective periods and update older stuff to our delight. Seems like lots of the older folks gravitate towards the 30K stuff, though.

Welcome Raven - plenty of us older chaps on here, who collect as much as game so you are in good company

Where abouts are you from?

Born Redhill/Reigate, grew up in south cumbria, uni at Lancaster then Bournemouth. Worked in London (two blocks from orks-nest), Wilts, Stratford, moved to VA USA 8 years ago.

Exile kinda sucks, the beer here isn't so great ;-)

I too started with RT back in the day, and played up through maybe 3rd edition somewhere. I took a hiatus and came back around 5th edition, maybe. Hard to pin down the years. It's a fine hobby for us, and you'll find many of us older folks on the B&C. Lots of nostalgia, but there's a lot to be said about the quality of these new models and GW seems to go through reflective periods and update older stuff to our delight. Seems like lots of the older folks gravitate towards the 30K stuff, though.

30k is tempting :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Raven - plenty of us older chaps on here, who collect as much as game so you are in good company

Where abouts are you from?

Born Redhill/Reigate, grew up in south cumbria, uni at Lancaster then Bournemouth. Worked in London (two blocks from orks-nest), Wilts, Stratford, moved to VA USA 8 years ago.

Exile kinda sucks, the beer here isn't so great ;-)

30k is tempting :-)

USA huh? Nice

Yeah heresy is tempting - I've slowly started collecting 30k stuff over the last couple of years, don't have a lot though. I will definitely be picking up the new Heresy box in a couple of weeks, and that should kick start my loyalist Heresy force nicely

Archived