Dark Talon rules sanity check

Fulminata

Thank you for the clarification. Don't have the rules in front of my, but I am working on a 1500 point pure Ravenwing list and want to bring in my new Dark Talon. I was just on the rules forum and looked at one about pure Ravenwing deployment about if there is an flyer in the list, does it drive wverything in reserve. 'Deployed as normal' indicates I would deploy as normal if I placed everything on the table and the flyer would be able to come in starting second round. Don't really want to duplicate that argument here.

Yeah, dont start that...  

BGB, Vehicle section, Fliers, First line: "Fliers must start in Reserves." (paraphrased the rest: Only if you have a rule that specifically mentions that a flyer can start on the table IE: Skyshield's rule...)

• 1 month later...

Why does the nephilim jetfighter not have hover mode? And which one of the two flyers would you recommend over all?

cheers

A.) Because it doesn't have it.  It started its fluff life as an air superiority fighter (F-22) (really it is an A-10 in the rules but nobody told the fluff writers)

B.) Because the Dark Talon has it and is supposed to fill the Vtol close air support roll  (Harrier)

C.) Why would you voluntarily give up two shots a turn and the "need 6s to be hit" by changing from a zooming flyer to a skimmer?

They are both really ground attack craft with Strafing run but for my money, Dark Talon.  Flying Vindicator with chance of D Weapon...  Always Dark Talon.

I honestly don't really like either of them, they eat a lot of points and they die pretty easy or they jink and there damage goes terrible. If they were cheaper they would make a better alpha strike unit but they are just to many points. 

The Ravenwing Strike Force is pretty specific they are either all in reserve or all on the board(as you cannot deploy to reserves the flyers)

The Ravenwing Strike Force is pretty specific they are either all in reserve or all on the board(as you cannot deploy to reserves the flyers)

All in reserves or deploy as normal...  Normal for fliers is in reserve...  Nowhere in that rule does it say "All on the board".

My 2p and your mileage may vary...

Edit:  But to keep everyone happy I usually run a RW Support Squadron formation on the table turn one and then bring the RW SF on in the 2nd because it is nice knowing when the flier will show up.

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe you can fire more than 4, its just any after the first 4 would have to be snapshots.

Of cause you are right... Sorry, it has been some time since I used a Nephilim Jetfighter... Still trying to create a vortex with my Dark Talon. It just never happens. 

So he can normaly not shoot all 6 rockets in one game because of starting in reserve?

Nope. You cannot shoot all 6 rockets in the same turn with full ballistic skill. You can try snapshots, but I think that would be a waste.

So he can normaly not shoot all 6 rockets in one game because of starting in reserve?

?  Four weapons a turn.

2nd, Las, HB, Missile, Missile

3rd, Las, HB, Missile, Missile

4th, Las, HB, Missile, Missile

5th, Las, HB roll for 6th..

That totally doesnt take into account that a HB will not scratch most armored targets that the rest of the loadout is equipped to take out and you may choose to fire another missile in its place...

Edit, Edit...  Well I may have learned something new...

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe you can fire more than 4, its just any after the first 4 would have to be snapshots.

Of cause you are right... Sorry, it has been some time since I used a Nephilim Jetfighter... Still trying to create a vortex with my Dark Talon. It just never happens.

I still haven't gotten a 6 with my shadowsword, either sad.png

Why does the nephilim jetfighter not have hover mode? And which one of the two flyers would you recommend over all?

cheers

A.) Because it doesn't have it. It started its fluff life as an air superiority fighter (F-22) (really it is an A-10 in the rules but nobody told the fluff writers)

Nah, the avenger strike fighter is the better A-10, the nephilim's air-ground ability is garbage against tanks, it's more of a flying anti-troop platform.

Sorry I had to do this :rolleyes:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Rapports%20de%20bataille/1087CB96-B6A8-446E-A565-C937A323CDC0.jpg

:lol:

Nice ^^. Did it made any damage?

6 + 1d6 HP... (^^)

Btw, I was surprise to see that actually you have no way to harm the passengers : the LR loses its HP and then the passengers disembark.

No explosion, no roll to wound, no particular roll because it's a Dweapon...

It's strange to see that I could have made more damages with a simple melta (LR wrecked and passengers wounded)

Keep in mind when that after you roll on the Destroyer Weapon chart for vehicles that on a 2+ the vehicle takes a penetrating hit that causes it to lose X hull points instead of 1.  So you still get to roll on the penetrating hit table and the weapon is AP 2.  And ironically yes a melta is more likely to get an explode result.

Archived